US School shooting

Old Dec 16th 2012, 6:35 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US School shooting

Originally Posted by Scamp
Words fail me. What a truly disgusting, ignorant, hateful, depraved, moronic, stupid, foul and offensive group of *****.
I abhor violence, but find myself hoping these people get sent to the God they believe in.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I abhor violence, but find myself hoping these people get sent to the God they believe in.
Preferably on Earth....
Old Dec 16th 2012, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
They are professional trolls or I wonder if they aren't government false flag to restrict free speech; sounds crazy but nothing has happened to them with all the volatile situations they actively invite.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 3:59 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Words fail me. What a truly disgusting, ignorant, hateful, depraved, moronic, stupid, foul and offensive group of *****.
The Westboro Baptists are publicity seekers and always post their offensive rubbish at this type of 'event'. They're the ones who used to 'parade' at military funerals but were very quickly dissuaded from doing so. They also run the God Hates Fags website etc. The leader seems to have a real 'thing' about homosexual men, which makes one wonder. The remainder of the family are your standard inbred American trailer trash.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:02 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
sounds crazy but nothing has happened to them with all the volatile situations they actively invite.
At the military funerals they used to invade there were dozens and sometimes hundreds of ordinary people who got between the westboro loons and the cortege, thus denying them the oxygen of publicity they crave. Non violent method of keeping them away which worked.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
The Westboro Baptists are publicity seekers and always post their offensive rubbish at this type of 'event'. They're the ones who used to 'parade' at military funerals but were very quickly dissuaded from doing so. They also run the God Hates Fags website etc. The leader seems to have a real 'thing' about homosexual men, which makes one wonder. The remainder of the family are your standard inbred American trailer trash.
It was quite depressing to watch the doc with Louis Theroux (sp?) because the woman it focused on seemed to be quite smart, kind and friendly...until she started talking about their twisted ideas.

Bizarre bunch. I hope they are stopped.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:42 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash786
I really can't undertand how many more massacres there will have to be for the US to wake up. Personally if I was Obama, I'd bring in stricter laws TODAY. F**k the gun lobby, they are just a bunch right-wing militia nut jobs ("From my cold, dead hands" - indeed!) who would never vote for a Democrat in the White House and even less likely to vote for a black president. As this is Obama's last term, I would introduce the legislation anyway and be done with.

I can't help but think of Marcus Brigstock's quote:

"The right to bear arms is almost as ridiculous as the right to arm bears"
There are plenty of non-white pro-gun people in the states who are not right-wing either. Your comments are a reactionary oversimplification of what amounts to poor firearms storage, training and massive lack of care for the mentally ill in the US.

I hope there will be action based on reason rather than partisan politics, media pressure and a lack of looking at the facts.

N.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point

I apologise for my reactionary oversimplification to the massacre of 20 children and 6 adults...

I take your point that not all gun owners are right-wing and there are mental health issues in the US; but it seems frightening to me that lawmakers and politicians are fearful of bringing in tough legislation to combat a problem for fear of losing votes. All politicians do it on a variety of issues, I'm just saying in my opinion, it's not right and surely common sense has too prevail eventually.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's fashionable to knock Piers Morgan but I have just finished watching his CNN show, devoted entirely to the shooting, and the debate about guns that goes with it.

I have to say - when it comes to such a sensitive topic, it is utterly refreshing to be able to watch a show presented by someone who is not driven by vested interests, and who has a uniquely British (i.e. calm and measured) approach to the subject.

Contrast that with the stuff coming out of the other US networks, especially Fox, and the difference is clear.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:18 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash786
I apologise for my reactionary oversimplification to the massacre of 20 children and 6 adults...

I take your point that not all gun owners are right-wing and there are mental health issues in the US; but it seems frightening to me that lawmakers and politicians are fearful of bringing in tough legislation to combat a problem for fear of losing votes. All politicians do it on a variety of issues, I'm just saying in my opinion, it's not right and surely common sense has too prevail eventually.
Two "A list" NRA members in the Democrat party have actually been leading the current debate - the gun debate is basically nutters vs responsible firearms owners of all political stripes.

From the legal side the US needs Federal Laws on firearms ownership within the context of a measured debate - specifically people shouldn't be allowed to own them if they have any kind of criminal record, they should have to attend classes on maintenance, storage and gun trafficking needs to be made illegal. I think psychiatric assessment should be a requirement too.

They also need to focus on more mental health care, training people in the warning signs of those quiet types who seem to do this and sadly start improving security in schools. These things seem only to happen in places where the weak and innocent are - you never hear of these nutters walking into a Federal Building or a mall with security because they know they will get shot back very quickly...makes what they do even more disgusting.

N.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 4:42 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Reports say that since this shooting gun sales have gone UP.

I fail to see why anyone needs to own an assult rifle or an semi/automatic weapon. Rifles for hunting or if you live in the wilds and are troubled by bears/coyotes/etc stealing your animals, but it's all gone too far.

Interestingly, New York state has some of the stricted laws regarding gun ownership and possession. Violent crime in the city itself has reduced...
Old Dec 18th 2012, 6:44 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting read, and I applaud the courage of this lady
I cant even begin to imagine what I would do if I was in her position!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2311009.html
Old Dec 18th 2012, 10:26 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

A deranged individual kills kids, and apparently sane, religious people kill adults who are seeking to save the lives of kids of the community of which those sane, religious people are a part (or, perhaps, apart). Who invented the gun anyway?

Five Pakistani polio vaccination workers - four of them women - have been shot dead in the country's largest city Karachi, officials say.

No group has said it carried out the shootings, but the Taliban have issued threats against the polio drive and are active in parts of Karachi.

The attacks took place in three separate locations in the city.

Meanwhile, a teenage girl was wounded in an attack when gunmen opened fire on a team of female health workers on the outskirts of Peshawar in the north-west.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20767138
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:24 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Come on America - surely now is the time to start looking at your gun laws? Forget the 2nd amendment or whatever the hell you think gives you the right to bear arms, incidents like this override such rights, surely??
Yeah and perhaps also ban the Toyota model he used to drive to the scene.

I thought for a moment that it was such a pity the shooter ended up dead. But then I remembered this was 'civilised' west and caught alive he would have ended up pampered in the cell with psychologist having endless discussions about his relationship with mum and all that costing the taxpayer millions. Or write letters complaining that his TV is taking up to 5 minutes to be switched on by guards like Breivik. Perhaps in the west it is better that shooters like that comit suicide at the end. I would much prefer the Middle East solution where he stays alive and spends weeks and months with balls connected to electrical power and rusty tools ending up lodged in various pats of his god damn body.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
I thought for a moment that it was such a pity the shooter ended up dead. But then I remembered this was 'civilised' west and caught alive he would have ended up pampered in the cell with psychologist having endless discussions about his relationship with mum and all that costing the taxpayer millions. Or write letters complaining that his TV is taking up to 5 minutes to be switched on by guards like Breivik. Perhaps in the west it is better that shooters like that comit suicide at the end. I would much prefer the Middle East solution where he stays alive and spends weeks and months with balls connected to electrical power and rusty tools ending up lodged in various pats of his god damn body.
Agree with that.

People like this shooter need to sit in a cell and rot, spending the next 60+ years on his own going more and more insane with zero benefits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.