US School shooting

Old Dec 15th 2012, 8:25 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US School shooting

According to the DM:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...yesterday.html
Old Dec 16th 2012, 3:16 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: US School shooting

Gutted about this.

So you have issues with your parents and want to shoot them, go ahead, its tragic but we can deal with that.

But to get back at your mother you go and shoot a room full of 6 and 7 year olds?

I don't have sufficient words for this.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 3:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Truly disgusting and an utterly, utterly shameful day.

I'm embarrassed to be a human at the moment.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 4:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
Interesting poster as Switzerland is number 4 in the world in terms of gun ownership per head of population. Maybe they just have less batshit crazy people.
Swiss seem like a decent bunch though. Dad and I drove through and stopped at a hotel by the motorway. Massive place, with a huge restaurant and everything separate to service station etc...no booze in the entire place. Even for hotel guests staying over.

Smart bunch.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 5:24 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd
Tried to read the article but as a parent of 2 kids close to that age got too upset ...... Sometimes I hate this ******g planet....
Old Dec 16th 2012, 5:36 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

This incident is even more upsetting than the other school shootings as they were such little children.

As for people suggesting teachers should be armed, what an utterly mental idea that is. The world needs far fewer guns not more.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 6:12 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting take by Morgan Freedman:
"Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next."

http://www.examiner.com/article/morg...-on-adam-lanza
Old Dec 16th 2012, 6:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mikewot
Interesting take by Morgan Freedman:
"Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next."

http://www.examiner.com/article/morg...-on-adam-lanza
Great point.

Shame the whole thing is ruined by the title of the article doing exactly what he's complaining about (assume it wasn't MF that titled it)

Morgan Freeman on Adam Lanza
Old Dec 16th 2012, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't even talk about it. 6 and 7 year olds, babies. Unbelievable.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 6:19 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Great point.

Shame the whole thing is ruined by the title of the article doing exactly what he's complaining about (assume it wasn't MF that titled it)
One of the Subs would have titled the article.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 8:17 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

the bit I read about the teacher trying to assume the role of parent and tell the kids they were loved because it was probably the last thing they would hear before they died - that made me openly weep.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
the bit I read about the teacher trying to assume the role of parent and tell the kids they were loved because it was probably the last thing they would hear before they died - that made me openly weep.
Indeed, and I hope everyone approves of my avatar choice - the truly heroic Victoria Sota, who hid her class in cupboards to save them, knowing she herself would almost certainly be killed. She was - and they survived.

I haven't checked, but I have a feeling that when she decided to become a teacher, that probably wasn't in her job description.

What a wonderful, matchless, incomparable lady.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was actually wondering how long it would take these nutters to crawl out...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...de-school.html
Old Dec 16th 2012, 11:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ash786
I was actually wondering how long it would take these nutters to crawl out...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...de-school.html
Words fail me. What a truly disgusting, ignorant, hateful, depraved, moronic, stupid, foul and offensive group of *****.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Indeed, and I hope everyone approves of my avatar choice - the truly heroic Victoria Sota, who hid her class in cupboards to save them, knowing she herself would almost certainly be killed. She was - and they survived.

I haven't checked, but I have a feeling that when she decided to become a teacher, that probably wasn't in her job description.

What a wonderful, matchless, incomparable lady.
My eldest is 6.5. I look at her and her little friends and just can't compute the horror, too upset to even get that far.

Victoria Sota is the type of woman that gives you hope for the human race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.