British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   US Masters - Betting (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/us-masters-betting-793660/)

britexpat76 Apr 11th 2013 12:00 pm

US Masters - Betting

I have read 1,000,000 different experts opinions about who will win, but at 4/1 as Tiger is thats way too low. I have looked further down the betting and Bo van Pelt keeps being mentioned as he knows the course, is on form and I have just seen he went close to winning the par 3.

At 100/1 he has got to be worth an each way bet?

I have also done

Westwood
Charl Schwartze
Kevin Na

And Ian Poulter, Just because I love to see him give it to the yanks.

Anyone else having a go?

Quackers Apr 11th 2013 12:07 pm

Re: US Masters - Betting

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10653331)
I have read 1,000,000 different experts opinions about who will win, but at 4/1 as Tiger is thats way too low. I have looked further down the betting and Bo van Pelt keeps being mentioned as he knows the course, is on form and I have just seen he went close to winning the par 3.

I have also done

Westwood
Charl Schwartze
Kevin Na

Anyone else having a go?

Justin Rose will win

mentalist Apr 11th 2013 12:34 pm

You really have a gambling addiction problem, don't you?:(

britexpat76 Apr 11th 2013 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10653379)
You really have a gambling addiction problem, don't you?:(

Mental one, I even bet on how many :( faces you will post in 1 day. Its not a problem, It is a pastime.

It becomes a problem when you are having to win, I only throw away what I can afford , a damn site less than anyone with a Golfing hobby or football season ticket.

flares Apr 11th 2013 6:41 pm

Sterne and Coetzee outside ew bets

Came out of Vegas $200 up. We found it difficult to really win or lose big. Mainly on the roulette and blackjack. Should have been a bit more adventurous with the host of versions of poker, baccarat, craps but there's always next time.

Eva Apr 11th 2013 9:33 pm

Dumbo had a thread running already...

What's the name of the pixie eared glaucomic eyed Irishman with the Danish tennis player girlfriend?
He has to turn in a good scorecard or else the Santander savers will bash the living daylights out of him....probably with beautifully constructed mashe's:)

britexpat76 Apr 11th 2013 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 10654290)
Dumbo had a thread running already...

What's the name of the pixie eared glaucomic eyed Irishman with the Danish tennis player girlfriend?
He has to turn in a good scorecard or else the Santander savers will bash the living daylights out of him....probably with beautifully constructed mashe's:)

Dumbo has a thread running about what channel to watch it on.........

That will be Rory Mcilroy (sp). I fear he has 0 chance in this masters. Call it a feeling....

Eva Apr 11th 2013 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10654299)
Dumbo has a thread running about what channel to watch it on.........

That will be Rory Mcilroy (sp). I fear he has 0 chance in this masters. Call it a feeling....

If it's a gut feeling, stick another monkey on it...did you read recently that there is scientific evidence to prove gut feeling has credence?......oh f.m....what a geeky individual I am becoming.

Chipsnsalsa Apr 11th 2013 11:31 pm

US Masters golf??

Hello everyone - I was wondering if anybody knows which channel is showing the Masters golf that started today? I've had a butcher's on OSN, Al Jazeera and Abu Dhabi, and no luck. Any takers?
Thx mch
Chips

britexpat76 Apr 12th 2013 8:03 am

I have also done

Westwood
Charl Schwartze
Kevin Na

Anyone else having a go?

Not a bad 1st round,

Van pelt -1
Westwood -2
Na -2
Schwartze -1

I wont talk about Poulter................+3

busybee2 Apr 12th 2013 11:30 am

Re: US Masters golf??

its on fox i believe

mentalist Apr 12th 2013 1:16 pm

Re: US Masters golf??

I say old bean, does one not bother to read other thread titles before starting a new one on the same topic? That must be the third thread in 24 hours...http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793644

mentalist Apr 14th 2013 5:20 am

I have also done

Westwood
Charl Schwartze
Kevin Na

Anyone else having a go?

You should have done an each way bet on an Australian finishing in the Top Six...:D
So who will be beating Wigan in the FA Cup Final next month?