US Airlines

Old Apr 11th 2017, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default US Airlines

So ever since i moved here (almost 9 years) i have only so far used Emirates for all my flights...i am now Inshallaah planning a trip to Costa Rica and of course Emirates does not fly direct and fares with their connecting flights are astronomical ie almost twice the cost of the other airlines (aed 15k and above).
The more reasonably priced airlines are the US airlines ie
United
American
Delta
All of which cost approx the same
I would greatly appreciate your feed back/input into which airline in your opinion is better than the other two
Many thanks
Old Apr 11th 2017, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Charl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Airlines

Do not use United....
Old Apr 11th 2017, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

All and I mean ALL American carriers are woeful. Once you fly with them you appreciate that BA is in fact excellent.

I would avoid if at all possible. If you have to make it as short as possible. Can you not fly BA or Virgin to the US and then onwards from there?

Saw that United Airlines video last night. Shocking!
Old Apr 11th 2017, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charl01 View Post
Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
All and I mean ALL American carriers are woeful. Once you fly with them you appreciate that BA is in fact excellent.

I would avoid if at all possible. If you have to make it as short as possible. Can you not fly BA or Virgin to the US and then onwards from there?

Saw that United Airlines video last night. Shocking!
Thanks guys....yeah saw the united fiasco - that was truly shocking.
I actually hadn't thought about BA or Virgin - will look them up - thanks
Old Apr 11th 2017, 8:53 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Fly direct to Miami with a brand that won't assault you, then onward from there with Southwest or someone smaller?
Old Apr 11th 2017, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Fly direct to Miami with a brand that won't assault you, then onward from there with Southwest or someone smaller?
i've tried doing 'separate' flights ie take an independent flight from here to an airport in the states and then get a 'separate' connecting flight - but timings of flights arriving and departing is a nightmare and so i'd much rather use an airline that does the connection for you.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 9:42 am
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I dislike BA and loathe Emirates, but would rather fly either of them than a US airline.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

this is proving impossible
Virgin do not do flights from Dubai to San Jose
BA does, but the connection from the UK is with United
With Emirates i can fly direct to Dallas and then get a connecting flight to SJ but the cost is ridiculous
my only option left is to fly with either United, American or Delta - none of which i want to take
*sigh*
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission View Post
this is proving impossible
Virgin do not do flights from Dubai to San Jose
BA does, but the connection from the UK is with United
With Emirates i can fly direct to Dallas and then get a connecting flight to SJ but the cost is ridiculous
my only option left is to fly with either United, American or Delta - none of which i want to take
*sigh*
#firstworldproblems

Fly to Madrid via London with BA, then fly to SJO.

One airline, sorted 8,000Dhs or so

Really, some women need to be led.

Last edited by IKnowNothing; Apr 11th 2017 at 10:18 am.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:19 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Some quality trolling comming out of this United Airlines PR disaster: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs/trending
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:33 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is, I'd imagine that you are more likely to have a good experience on United now given how shell-shocked they are after the two recent PR disasters (the leggings thing also). I'm no fan of the US carriers but really, they're not that bad - EK or BA on their day can be worse and Virgin has gone dramatically downhill in the past 10 years.

I'd have a look at the aircraft in use. I believe Delta, like EK, have 10 seats across on some of their 777s, though maybe not internationally. The rest (AA, UA, EY, BA, LH, IB etc) all have 9 seats across, except Air France I think and it really makes a difference in terms of seat comfort for that journey length. If there is a 787 being flown by any airline, that is a much more comfortable plane than the 777 anyway, especially with 9 seats across as it is already wider.

I agree that it is better to book a through ticket so that you are not left responsible for making the connection if either leg is delayed, though sometimes airlines can be dicks about passing the buck to each other when two different carriers are involved (even, for example, United and United Express who did that one time to me in Chicago).

Have you looked at Etihad or Qataria also? Better planes than EK (apart from A380).

Interesting that the planned EK flight to Panama was all about connecting to Central America and the Caribbean basin. it fell through when the Panamanian government wouldn't approve the code-sharing arrangement with Panama-based Copa airlines on which the whole arrangement hinged. There's clearly an under-served market there which is probably why you are finding prices so high.

What about Cuba - pretty easy via most European cities I would have thought? Costa Rica seems a bit - well - middle-aged eco-freaky for you, no? Or are you after the surfers?

Last edited by Miss Ann Thrope; Apr 11th 2017 at 10:35 am.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing View Post
#firstworldproblems

Fly to Madrid via London with BA, then fly to SJO.

One airline, sorted 8,000Dhs or so

Really, some women need to be led.
err i have to fly to London from Dubai So not exactly one airline and BA does not fly into SJO, they use other connecting airlines.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope View Post
Thing is, I'd imagine that you are more likely to have a good experience on United now given how shell-shocked they are after the two recent PR disasters (the leggings thing also). I'm no fan of the US carriers but really, they're not that bad - EK or BA on their day can be worse and Virgin has gone dramatically downhill in the past 10 years.

I'd have a look at the aircraft in use. I believe Delta, like EK, have 10 seats across on some of their 777s, though maybe not internationally. The rest (AA, UA, EY, BA, LH, IB etc) all have 9 seats across, except Air France I think and it really makes a difference in terms of seat comfort for that journey length. If there is a 787 being flown by any airline, that is a much more comfortable plane than the 777 anyway, especially with 9 seats across as it is already wider. never thought about the plane itself and the seating arrangements - thank you very much for that tip

I agree that it is better to book a through ticket so that you are not left responsible for making the connection if either leg is delayed, though sometimes airlines can be dicks about passing the buck to each other when two different carriers are involved (even, for example, United and United Express who did that one time to me in Chicago).

Have you looked at Etihad or Qataria also? Better planes than EK (apart from A380).nope, never occurred to me, but will do now -
thank you

Interesting that the planned EK flight to Panama was all about connecting to Central America and the Caribbean basin. it fell through when the Panamanian government wouldn't approve the code-sharing arrangement with Panama-based Copa airlines on which the whole arrangement hinged. There's clearly an under-served market there which is probably why you are finding prices so high.

What about Cuba already done Cuba- pretty easy via most European cities I would have thought? Costa Rica seems a bit - well - middle-aged eco-freaky for you, no? Or are you after the surfers?
I've always wanted to go to Costa Rica - this holiday that i am planning is going to be a muti sport activity holiday - not some 'kumbaya my lord' around the fire lol
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
Some quality trolling comming out of this United Airlines PR disaster: BBC Trending - BBC News
hahaha, some of those are wicked
Old Apr 11th 2017, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission View Post
err i have to fly to London from Dubai So not exactly one airline and BA does not fly into SJO, they use other connecting airlines.
BA and Iberia are the same company, so you can book a through ticket.....

Women eh? Discuss.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.