Urgent ideas needed...

Old Apr 25th 2011, 6:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Urgent ideas needed...

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
where the hell were you to get in this state?
Not sure. Went to the Habtoor underground to watch the football, then the lad I was with suggested walking through the gardens to the bar at the back of the hotel, excel or something?

Was pretty empty, apart from a little Chinese bird who kept rubbing my stomach and knob and offering me the night of my life for 2000dhs....first encounter like that and have never felt so uncomfortable in all my life, call me weird but it just doesn't float my boat at all.

All I really know is that I've got about 5 texts from HSBC saying my card was used for 90dhs a pop.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 6:24 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Not sure. Went to the Habtoor underground to watch the football, then the lad I was with suggested walking through the gardens to the bar at the back of the hotel, excel or something?

Was pretty empty, apart from a little Chinese bird who kept rubbing my stomach and knob and offering me the night of my life for 2000dhs....first encounter like that and have never felt so uncomfortable in all my life, call me weird but it just doesn't float my boat at all.

All I really know is that I've got about 5 texts from HSBC saying my card was used for 90dhs a pop.
lol

Livin' it large then!
Old Apr 25th 2011, 6:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
lol

Livin' it large then!
Never spent so much money. The last two weeks have cost me a fortune.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 6:38 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

hehe! It's pretty common to not quite understand the Durka Durka Dollars and treat them as monopoly money... and a 50 looks terribly similar to a 500 when it's dark and you're a bit worse for wear! Do be aware though, that quite a few bars do give, er, variable change depending on the state of the client. I'm ashamed to say (on many levels) that after a night out as Rock Bottom, I had about 200aed completely unaccounted for... and I remember every drink!
Old Apr 25th 2011, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Especially not at that price.........
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:01 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're starting off like this, you'll never catch up.

Best way to save money = don't drink alcohol. Don't go to bars.

Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
hehe! It's pretty common to not quite understand the Durka Durka Dollars and treat them as monopoly money... and a 50 looks terribly similar to a 500 when it's dark and you're a bit worse for wear! Do be aware though, that quite a few bars do give, er, variable change depending on the state of the client. I'm ashamed to say (on many levels) that after a night out as Rock Bottom, I had about 200aed completely unaccounted for... and I remember every drink!
I found it hard work getting change last night for the first beers, was about 60dhs and I paid with a 500, after 5 minutes stading at the bar drinking and watching the football I had to remind the bloke that I hadn't given him a 440dhs tip! In a sulk he just chucked the change down, rolled up in a receipt...
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

could be worse mate - it could have been 5 texts from the tiddly wink.

Have you done your alcopoop yet? It's the first stage in the successful recovery of a hangover.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:39 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
seriously?
I had an office with a sofa once - and a well stocked fridge. The two went hand in hand but it was when i was in media da-har-ling.

For me, the only way is coke, lots of coke. Panadol extra. Food. And a nap.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:44 am
Account Closed

could be worse mate - it could have been 5 texts from the tiddly wink.

Have you done your alcopoop yet? It's the first stage in the successful recovery of a hangover.
Just finished, steer well clear of internet city for the next 40-45 minutes.

Tiddly Wink?

This is rapidly turning into a horribly long day. Just got caught daydreaming and staring at the fit Lebanese bird in the office.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Tiddly Wink?
chink.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:50 am
Account Closed

chink.
Sorry to make you say it.

On any other day I'd have had the ability to work it out. Today I have the ability to dribble.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:51 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

...on how to cure a hangover in this place.

I've got some clients to see later and don't want to turn up stinking of rum sweats. I also need to sit opposite my boss and look like i'm functioning at 100%.

In the UK it was simple, Maccy D's breakfast and lots of coffee...here, the heat is going to ruin me when I'm outside so any suggestions would be grand.

Also, good option for general hangover cures - I've never believed much in them but feel free to give me ideas, will try anything today.

- A very hungover Scamp.
It's obviously too late, but after a night out on the lash I generally go for a swim first thing in the morning, does the trick every time.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:52 am
Account Closed

Thumbs down Re: Urgent ideas needed...

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
It's obviously too late, but after a night out on the lash I generally go for a swim first thing in the morning, does the trick every time.
Unfortunately I'm in one of those towers where the pool is empty, has been for a while and will probably never see water again.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

On any other day I'd have had the ability to work it out.
I bloody hope so!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.