British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Unlikely Casting Choices for Movie Roles: (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/unlikely-casting-choices-movie-roles-765906/)

The Dean Jul 23rd 2012 3:39 am

Unlikely Casting Choices for Movie Roles:

No 1: Emma Watson - Fifty Shades of Grey :huh:

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...s-Of-Grey-Role

Karlos The Jackal Jul 23rd 2012 5:02 am

Re: Unlikely Casting Choices for Movie Roles:

I think the worst casting is a recent casting!

Jack Reacher a character in a series of books by Lee Childe is a drifter, ex US marine, 6' 5" athletic guy, hard as nails with an eye for the ladies!

Who is cast in the leading role...................Tom Cruise!

They are fantastic books and well worth a read if you stumble across them. If you read the first chapter of any of Lee Childe's books you will understand why Tom Cruise is not the guy to play this part!

NorthernLad Jul 23rd 2012 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal (Post 10187418)
I think the worst casting is a recent casting!

Jack Reacher a character in a series of books by Lee Childe is a drifter, ex US marine, 6' 5" athletic guy, hard as nails with an eye for the ladies!

Who is cast in the leading role...................Tom Cruise!

They are fantastic books and well worth a read if you stumble across them. If you read the first chapter of any of Lee Childe's books you will understand why Tom Cruise is not the guy to play this part!

Admittedly a strange choice, but the trailer looks good. Proper cheesey stuff, it won't win any oscars but I'll still give it a watch.

Karlos The Jackal Jul 23rd 2012 5:20 am

I havent seen the trailer, I seem to remember it being released August NorthernLad, can you confirm?

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 23rd 2012 5:23 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10187358)
No 1: Emma Watson - Fifty Shades of Grey :huh:

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...s-Of-Grey-Role

I'd take a run up at that.

NorthernLad Jul 23rd 2012 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal (Post 10187427)
I havent seen the trailer, I seem to remember it being released August NorthernLad, can you confirm?

December I think - trailer is on IMDB.

Boomhauer Jul 23rd 2012 5:39 am

Pierce Brosnan for 007. He had/has the physique and looks but I just never found his delivery of Bond right at all.

goonerseba Jul 23rd 2012 6:20 am

Val Kilmer as Batman never worked for me....he will always be Iceman.

jackthehat Jul 23rd 2012 6:37 am

Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins?

kittycat1 Jul 23rd 2012 6:44 am

jack-alright guvner -would you adam and eve it, Im off up the apples and pears to check out me barnet, none of this flowers and frolics. Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins is classic- I fell in love with him at the age of 4(or something) - noone can do a fake accent like Dick- absolute legend- love him!

jackthehat Jul 23rd 2012 6:53 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10187496)
jack-alright guvner -would you adam and eve it, Im off up the apples and pears to check out me barnet, none of this flowers and frolics. Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins is classic- I fell in love with him at the age of 4(or something) - noone can do a fake accent like Dick- absolute legend- love him!

The part should have gone to Tommy Steele! - Not an American who played the part as if he had just got off the aeroplane! - Or should that be 'Airplane?'

In 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' Dick van Dyke was 'Pissed-Up' most of the time! - none of the cast could stand him!

BTW? Who is noone?

kittycat1 Jul 23rd 2012 7:00 am

I disagree- Dick made those two films! who cares if he was drunk and the cast didn't like him? he is a legend to me :-)

jackthehat Jul 23rd 2012 7:04 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10187515)
I disagree- Dick made those two films! who cares if he was drunk and the cast didn't like him? he is a legend to me :-)

Third Rate American 'Ham' Actor! - Purely my opinion, I don't want to argue the point!

kittycat1 Jul 23rd 2012 7:16 am

come on they are family films- ham is perfectly acceptable in family films in my book! :-)

jackthehat Jul 23rd 2012 7:19 am

John Wayne in 'The Greatest Story Ever Told?'