Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Unlikely Casting Choices for Movie Roles:

Unlikely Casting Choices for Movie Roles:

Old Jul 23rd 2012, 2:42 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unlikely Casting Choices for Movie Roles:

I enjoyed the book Captain Correlli's Mandolin, but the film was utterly ruined by one trick pony Nic Cage. Awful casting.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC
He wasnt actually cast but its known that Will Smith was original meant to play the role of 'Neo' in the matrix. Obviously the role went to Keanu Reeves

The more i think it i just cannot think why Will Smith would work in that role. He has even said that Keanu Reeves makes that movie and it wouldnt of been so successful if he had played the part

Also Tom Cruise as reacher!! Agreed thats one of the worst castings ive ever heard. Is this confirmed??? The best bit is imaging Tom Cruise as an ex marine haha
Confirmed? Its been shot, out at the end of the year!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Sean Connery has been a bit of a 'hit and miss' choice for various roles over the years, but he's so likeable I don't think anyone really cares.......

What about the opposite? Actors/actresses who seem just right in every film they appear in? I'd say Jean Reno always seems perfectly cast, without being typecast.

And unlikely-sounding choices that work brilliantly - I nominate Frances McDormand as the pregnant sheriff in Fargo, one of my all-time favourite actresses and films.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:02 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Sean Connery has been a bit of a 'hit and miss' choice for various roles over the years, but he's so likeable I don't think anyone really cares.......
Wife-beater Connery likeable?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

What about the opposite? Actors/actresses who seem just right in every film they appear in? I'd say Jean Reno always seems perfectly cast, without being typecast.

And unlikely-sounding choices that work brilliantly - I nominate Frances McDormand as the pregnant sheriff in Fargo, one of my all-time favourite actresses and films.
I would go with Robert De Niro for perfectly cast films.
Although alot of them are typecast he is always brilliant.

Anthony Hopkins.Ive never seen a film he wasnt perfect for either.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Really? Never knew that.
Ive always loved him!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
I would go with Robert De Niro for perfectly cast films.
Although alot of them are typecast he is always brilliant.

Anthony Hopkins.Ive never seen a film he wasnt perfect for either.
Robert de Niro??

If it pleases the court, m'Lud, may I present Exhibit A........ Rocky and Bulwinkle......

[I'm a huge RdN fan but that just wasn't right............]

Agree on Hopkins, although I wasn't 100% sure of that Indian motorbike jobby........
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Really?? Don't tell Deanetta - she adores him.............

[*slips away and Googles*]
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Robert de Niro??

If it pleases the court, m'Lud, may I present Exhibit A........ Rocky and Bulwinkle......

Agree on Hopkins, although I wasn't 100% sure of that Indian motorbike jobby........
Ah,forgot about that.......I think we should let that one slip.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Caine in Get Carter, now theres a film!

Dustin Hoffman was absolutely superb in Rainman!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:17 pm
Bored liberal

Really?? Don't tell Deanetta - she adores him.............

[*slips away and Googles*]

His comment "I don't think there is anything particularly wrong in hitting a woman, though I don`t recommend you do it the same way that you hit a man."

You can also find interviews with him confirming that view.

What a charmer...
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Robert de Niro??

You see now when Karlos sees this he will pipe up with how he awful he was in silence of the lambs but I think he was excellent.Cant imagine anyone else doing a better job at Hannibal.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You see now when Karlos sees this he will pipe up with how he awful he was in silence of the lambs but I think he was excellent.Cant imagine anyone else doing a better job at Hannibal.
Totally agree.............. so laid back that he simply seemed more menacing............
Lost in BE Cyberspace

His comment "I don't think there is anything particularly wrong in hitting a woman, though I don`t recommend you do it the same way that you hit a man."

You can also find interviews with him confirming that view.

What a charmer...
Has he actually done it though (notwithstanding the unpleasantness of the comment)?
BE Forum Addict

I have never said Hopkins wasnt brilliant in Silence of The Lambs. I said after reading the book before seing the film IMO Jodie Foster was the wrong person to play Calrice Starling!

You never listen!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.