Unfortunate Headlines

Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Unfortunate Headlines

Just had a look at my local newspaper from the UK. It looks as though GN and 5 Days do not hold a monopoly!

Advice sessions held for young arsonists
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...ung-arsonists/
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unfortunate Headlines

Not too good, is it? My favourite is
"Polar explorer Sir Vivian Fuchs off to Antartica."
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Not too good, is it? My favourite is
"Polar explorer Sir Vivian Fuchs off to Antartica."
Back in 1990 I was in hospital for a couple of weeks, and was bored out of my mind. My brother brought me a book of 'Sunday Sport Headlines.' The nurse asked him to take it away, after I burst some stitches. The one that did it was . . .

"Alien is the father of my child - but my husband calls me a slag!"
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I know it's not quite the same but...
Attached Thumbnails Unfortunate Headlines-images.jpg  
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Near enough, on all counts...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:02 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I know it's not quite the same but...
Which sort of reminds me of the joke that was the centrepiece of my university's rag mag one year...Oh, hang on, I've already done that...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Near enough, on all counts...
One of the most intelligent ones I came across was from the Grauniad

"Miners Leader meets Leader's Minor!"
Carol Thatcher interviewing Arthur Scargill
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

. . . and another one from the E&S I thought that this was to do with Haircuts, Shaving, and Uniforms etc. But read on . . . .

Grooming ‘underestimated by police’
http://www.expressandstar.com/uk/uk-...ted-by-police/

Orwell was correct! 'Newspeak' has arrived!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

What about an unfortunate juxtaposition of headlines and adverts?
Attached Thumbnails Unfortunate Headlines-advert-1.jpg   Unfortunate Headlines-advert-2.jpg   Unfortunate Headlines-advert-3.jpg  
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don'tcha just love it when the Good Taste Police are elsewhere.....
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:07 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

The classic... Brass Eye 'Paedophilia' criticism opposite a picture and comment on then-15 year old Charlotte Church's breasts (she's "looking chest swell")...

Old Jun 21st 2011, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Identity thief sent to jail for nine months

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...#ixzz1PuL17r6R

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...r-nine-months/

Apparently this scam went on for 15 years without anyone noticing! - Dumb Britain!
Attached Thumbnails Unfortunate Headlines-wd4028027%40carol-anne-payton-copy.jpg  
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Just been sent this one!
Attached Thumbnails Unfortunate Headlines-image002.jpg  
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You can always rely on Murdoch publications for good taste and subtlety...
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:03 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

The Sun story claiming that TV presenter Keith 'Cheggers' Chegwin, who had been battling alcoholism, had been warned by doctors to give up drinking as his addiction was close to killing him. The headline – "Cheggers can't be boozers"

Again the Sun after the Caledonian Thistle and Celtic game:
"Super Cally Are Fantastic Celtic Are Atrocious"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.