Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

under what circumstance...

under what circumstance...

Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: under what circumstance...

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Why do people care what others do with their maids? If she's already cleaning up your shit and ironing your clothes at your villa .... what's drastic about the leap from that to pushing the trolley at Spinney's?
Well then send them to Spinneys with a list, not have them trotting 5 steps behind you like some kind of fashion accessory.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
Well then send them to Spinneys with a list, not have them trotting 5 steps behind you like some kind of fashion accessory.
yeah, exactly, this is what i don't get, why they need to go as well...it's when madam points out to stuff on the shelves and the helper has to get it and put it in the trolley that really cracks me up...

MM, xx
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:25 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yeah, exactly, this is what i don't get, why they need to go as well...it's when madam points out to stuff on the shelves and the helper has to get it and put it in the trolley that really cracks me up...

MM, xx
You've been watching me in Tesco's, haven't you? (I'm the one pushing the trolley and getting the stuff from the shelves.) I am allowed days off occasionally, have my own room, get an allowance and get to shag the maid now and again (yeah, I know, I'm the maid--if you get my drift). Still, I am from the Third World, aka Yorkshire.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:32 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Not too sure too many of them drive???

It's part and parcel of where we are, people have domestic help, as long as that person is adequately remunerated and the task is not one that, if push became shove, you would not be willing to do yourself I see no harm in it.

I don't see the difference between this and other tasks that people are capable of doing here but some-one else does for you like cleaning the car, filling the car up a service station, packing your shopping etc etc ....

I not saying it something I would do but if others choose to take a maid to the shops or doctors I don't see why that would be cause for bewilderment...
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Not too sure too many of them drive???

It's part and parcel of where we are, people have domestic help, as long as that person is adequately remunerated and the task is not one that, if push became shove, you would not be willing to do yourself I see no harm in it.

I don't see the difference between this and other tasks that people are capable of doing here but some-one else does for you like cleaning the car, filling the car up a service station, packing your shopping etc etc ....

I not saying it something I would do but if others choose to take a maid to the shops or doctors I don't see why that would be cause for bewilderment...
The difference is, if you are there anyway why do you need to take your maid when you can easily carry your own basket/push your own trolley.

Alternatively, you could always drive the maid to the shops and sit and have a coffee whilst the maid does the shopping.

It is just taking having a maid a stage too far in my opinion and just appears bloody showy.

What next, wiping madam's bum?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:54 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our Lady Medusa drives around in a Range Rover and is complaining about people taking maids to the shop?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Our Lady Medusa drives around in a Range Rover and is complaining about people taking maids to the shop?
and some of the guys on here drive around in high end sports cars and ?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:15 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

The difference is, if you are there anyway why do you need to take your maid when you can easily carry your own basket/push your own trolley.
Along with two kids and pushchair... Not always easy.... Spose you could leave the kids with the maid but then you get the whole "why have kids if you aren't willing to spend time with them" brigade on your back.....

It is just taking having a maid a stage too far in my opinion and just appears bloody showy.
And in my opinion sometimes it may be that practicality and convenience wins over....

I am just playing devils advocate here but if you have employed (bearing in mind they do get paid for this) some-one to help make your life easier why would you not take advantge of that .....
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm...you keeping tabs on me, lol...

i wasn't actually complaining about people taking maids to shops though, it was asking why anyone would take their maid with their kid to the doctor...

the shopping thing i don't really get either, but that wasn't my point...

MM, xx
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You've been watching me in Tesco's, haven't you?
hahaha, i thought you seemed vaguely familiar...

MM, xx
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:19 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha, i thought you seemed vaguely familiar...

MM, xx
Oh, YOU were the one I was being familiar with...
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:24 am

hmmm...you keeping tabs on me, lol...

i wasn't actually complaining about people taking maids to shops though, it was asking why anyone would take their maid with their kid to the doctor...

the shopping thing i don't really get either, but that wasn't my point...

MM, xx
Because depending on ages handling more than one child at a doctors can be a handful ....
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Because depending on ages handling more than one child at a doctors can be a handful ....
but the point was she only had ONE child...i was there on my own "managing to manage" two kids...

MM, xx
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Oh, YOU were the one I was being familiar with...
yes, i'm still recovering...

MM, xx
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Along with two kids and pushchair... Not always easy.... Spose you could leave the kids with the maid but then you get the whole "why have kids if you aren't willing to spend time with them" brigade on your back.....

And in my opinion sometimes it may be that practicality and convenience wins over....

I am just playing devils advocate here but if you have employed (bearing in mind they do get paid for this) some-one to help make your life easier why would you not take advantge of that .....
I have three children myself, one of whom is in a pushchair and I do manage to get them to the shops sometimes on my own, and don't think a maid pushing the trolley for me would make it any less of a nightmare! I would much rather have the maid do the shopping on her own or do it myself without the kids, having the maid look after them.

Fair enough if you're of ill health and can't manage to push a trolley or carry a basket yourself, but if you are able-bodied it just looks so bloody precious to have the maid trotting behind ... sorry, but it does, never mind the arguments about her being paid and all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.