British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   um....time here and back home (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/um-time-here-back-home-569882/)

Spugsy Oct 28th 2008 6:59 pm

um....time here and back home

Npw has it changed recently??? I thought we were 3 hours ahead, has it changed to 4 hours ahead?

If so when??!!

madscots Oct 28th 2008 7:00 pm

Re: um....time here and back home

spugsy

clocks went back at the weekend, so you are now 4 hours ahead.

Spugsy Oct 28th 2008 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by madscots (Post 6919079)
spugsy

clocks went back at the weekend, so you are now 4 hours ahead.

ah ok, no-one told me...

still means I have to wait an hour longer the tonights Toon match, gah!

madscots Oct 28th 2008 7:10 pm

yep, thats the downside with the change in hours. i will have that problem soon, if i could get rangers games there great, i know some aribic channels do them ... art?

Spugsy Oct 28th 2008 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by madscots (Post 6919119)
yep, thats the downside with the change in hours. i will have that problem soon, if i could get rangers games there great, i know some aribic channels do them ... art?

not sure about the jocko mcjock footy mate, plenty of websites where you can watch it live on your pc though mate.

Sandboy Oct 29th 2008 4:42 am

Originally Posted by madscots (Post 6919119)

I think Kuwait sports are showing SPL this season

andyjock Oct 29th 2008 5:31 am

Al Jazeera were advertising it earlier in the year as well for the SPL but I have also seen it on ART sports as well I need my fix of watching the gers!!

Spugsy Oct 29th 2008 5:36 am

Originally Posted by andyjock (Post 6920558)
Al Jazeera were advertising it earlier in the year as well for the SPL but I have also seen it on ART sports as well I need my fix of watching the gers!!

hmmmm, we've got a lad on here who is from Glasgae and tells us that NO-ONE calls them 'the gers'.

* waves at commander *

andyjock Oct 29th 2008 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6920571)
hmmmm, we've got a lad on here who is from Glasgae and tells us that NO-ONE calls them 'the gers'.

* waves at commander *

I wouldnt normally but lazyness of my fingers this morning meant I couldnt be arsed with writing rangers:rofl:

Spugsy Oct 29th 2008 5:50 am

Originally Posted by andyjock (Post 6920597)
I wouldnt normally but lazyness of my fingers this morning meant I couldnt be arsed with writing rangers:rofl:

I was in the boozer on Saturday, it was split into 3 factions, the man u helmets watching the early game, then masses of Toon in one half, then in the little corner loads of Gers fans, they went crackers when they went a goal down, the bouncer had to come and calm them done, heh.

All drinking 'jager-bombs' as well, there was trouble brewing on that stuff I can tell you....

andyjock Oct 29th 2008 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6920603)
I was in the boozer on Saturday, it was split into 3 factions, the man u helmets watching the early game, then masses of Toon in one half, then in the little corner loads of Gers fans, they went crackers when they went a goal down, the bouncer had to come and calm them done, heh.

All drinking 'jager-bombs' as well, there was trouble brewing on that stuff I can tell you....

was out in Spain, Italy and France and then the Uefa Cup final last season and it is normally madness wherever we go not causing trouble but just some serious drinking and singing of some songs:)

Spugsy Oct 29th 2008 6:10 am

Originally Posted by andyjock (Post 6920614)
was out in Spain, Italy and France and then the Uefa Cup final last season and it is normally madness wherever we go not causing trouble but just some serious drinking and singing of some songs:)

apart when you come to Newcastle....same with celtic, trouble every-bloody-where.

andyjock Oct 29th 2008 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6920634)
apart when you come to Newcastle....same with celtic, trouble every-bloody-where.

I was in Newcastle when we played you in a friendly and I didnt really see any trouble, but then again I didnt see any trouble in Manchester but I know there was.

When large groups of males go to the drink all day there is bound to be a bit of aggro at some point doubt Newcastle or another team is any different to rangers and them

Blue Cat Oct 29th 2008 6:21 am

Originally Posted by andyjock (Post 6920649)
I was in Newcastle when we played you in a friendly and I didnt really see any trouble, but then again I didnt see any trouble in Manchester but I know there was.

When large groups of males go to the drink all day there is bound to be a bit of aggro at some point doubt Newcastle or another team is any different to rangers and them

I used to work at Sunderland General and boy have I seen some smashed up Sunderland Supporters following Derby's at the Stadium of Shite :(

Spugsy Oct 29th 2008 6:30 am

Originally Posted by andyjock (Post 6920649)

tobe fair, Celtic were much worse, scaring old grannies in the afternoon with SAS masks on singing stupid songs.