Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

UK's Channel Four to broadcast Ramadan prayer call

UK's Channel Four to broadcast Ramadan prayer call

Old Jul 15th 2013, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK's Channel Four to broadcast Ramadan prayer call

Originally Posted by jam25mack
When I used to live in Scotland my ex Mrs used to fast from dawn till dusk during Ramadan, which to be honest seemed to be the norm (not Mecca hours).... she'd be up at 4am and finished at 10:30-11pm. Thought she was hardcore!
Yuk. Her Breath.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Yuk. Her Breath.
It's off the menu during the holy month anyway, so it wasn't a problem!
Old Jul 15th 2013, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

It's off the menu during the holy month anyway, so it wasn't a problem!
I am actually quite interested to know about your previous marriage. I take it that you are white and from a Christian background and your ex-wife was Muslim who observed fasting and probably daily prayers as well, right?
I know there are many inter-religion marriages in the UK involving Muslim partners, but those partners are normally not practicing Muslims. It is quite common that once the Muslim partner starts getting serious about his/her religion, the relationship starts trembling and in most cases the marriage hardly survives
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by redShark
I am actually quite interested to know about your previous marriage. I take it that you are white and from a Christian background and your ex-wife was Muslim who observed fasting and probably daily prayers as well, right?
I know there are many inter-religion marriages in the UK involving Muslim partners, but those partners are normally not practicing Muslims. It is quite common that once the Muslim partner starts getting serious about his/her religion, the relationship starts trembling and in most cases the marriage hardly survives
What if a Muslim girl fell in love with a Christian man here in Dubai.

The expectation is for the man to convert so he can marry her.

What if he wants to stay a Christian and wants her to convert for him? Or is that just then a direct comparison between the paranoid punishment of apostasy?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:17 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

What if he wants to stay a Christian and wants her to convert for him? Or is that just then a direct comparison between the paranoid punishment of apostasy?
I know someone in Dubai, European, who married a muslim lass. It's quite scary how she has changed him. He's now fasting and not out of choice - I've seen a change in the past six months with him, and not a good one.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:21 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

won't happen, she will go to hell and be disowned from family etc
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I know someone in Dubai, European, who married a muslim lass. It's quite scary how she has changed him. He's now fasting and not out of choice - I've seen a change in the past six months with him, and not a good one.
Same, is tragic.

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
won't happen, she will go to hell and be disowned from family etc
What if his family were equally serious?

I'm only being hypothetical here, it just seems that the stories like NorthernLad seem to only happen one way.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Same, is tragic.

What if his family were equally serious?

I'm only being hypothetical here, it just seems that the stories like NorthernLad seem to only happen one way.
it just wouldn't happen, in fact I don't think they are allowed to change their religion
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it just wouldn't happen, in fact I don't think they are allowed to change their religion
No, it's punishable by death I believe.

But I bet a lot of cash that it definitely hasn't stopped people
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:19 am
Concierge

I know of a good few Christian women who are with Muslim men but not the other way round, I do know of one Christian man who converted to marry his Muslim wife.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Well it certainly wasn't a marriage, more a girlfriend I had for several years during my Uni days.

She wasn't uber religious by any means but she did choose to fast and pray over Ramadan. The rest of the year she was..... well...... normal.

As for me, 100% Brit, honky, not religious in any way (same for the rest of my immediate family), although I was Christened as it was 'the thing to do'.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Well it certainly wasn't a marriage, more a girlfriend I had for several years during my Uni days.

She wasn't uber religious by any means but she did choose to fast and pray over Ramadan. The rest of the year she was..... well...... normal.

As for me, 100% Brit, honky, not religious in any way (same for the rest of my immediate family), although I was Christened as it was 'the thing to do'.
Ok that is a different matter then, I actually thought you were married to her. Mind you, I am quite sure that if her community was aware of your relationship they would have labeled your girl a ‘Cheap girl’ because they would have definitely classified your relationship as adulatory.

So now, tell me Mr. loverboy, was it you who had the privilege of putting an end to her virginity or were you far too late already?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Ok that is a different matter then, I actually thought you were married to her. Mind you, I am quite sure that if her community was aware of your relationship they would have labeled your girl a ‘Cheap girl’ because they would have definitely classified your relationship as adulatory.

So now, tell me Mr. loverboy, was it you who had the privilege of putting an end to her virginity or were you far too late already?
You really are an offensive and insulting backwards little shit, aren't you? Do you come on here with an ambition to cause offence? Because if you do . you are extremely lucky, in that your ambition has come true to life.

Last edited by OleJanx; Jul 16th 2013 at 5:40 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 7:34 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I will concur with that Scamp. The whole idea of a free thinking Muslim must fill Redshark with dread........ Infact as they dont allow free thinking at all it must fill every Mosque with dread.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 8:29 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Not that it's any of my business but let me just state for the record that why don't you mind your own ****ing business?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.