Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

"UK Property Slump To Weigh On Dubai's Real Estate Boom" - newswires

"UK Property Slump To Weigh On Dubai's Real Estate Boom" - newswires

Old May 28th 2008, 5:46 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "UK Property Slump To Weigh On Dubai's Real Estate Boom" - newswires

Originally Posted by The Dean
What? You are asking if 'my lot' is Forest or Leeds? Oh I can only dream of the season either of them had........

Try looking at the other end......... and I understand we are starting NEXT season with ANOTHER deduction again.......
Not Luton Town surely?
Old May 28th 2008, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "UK Property Slump To Weigh On Dubai's Real Estate Boom" - newswires

Originally Posted by lionheart
Not Luton Town surely?
Yes sir....... I am a clanger*.

Go on....... rub it in...........

(*clanger = person of Bedfordshire origin, named after the Bedfordshire Clanger, a pastry concoction which includes a savoury main course at one end, and a sweet dessert course at the other, all in the same pastry case)

Last edited by The Dean; May 28th 2008 at 6:01 am. Reason: missed bit
Old May 28th 2008, 6:20 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Yes sir....... I am a clanger*.
I was under the impression that you lot were called The Hatters but maybe I am getting confused? Wasn't your former manager (David Pleat) the guy who was caught in the back of a car in a compromising position with two hookers? Better than being caught with two rent boys I suppose
Old May 28th 2008, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression that you lot were called The Hatters but maybe I am getting confused? Wasn't your former manager (David Pleat) the guy who was caught in the back of a car in a compromising position with two hookers? Better than being caught with two rent boys I suppose
Hatters = Luton Town FC nickname
Clanger = general nickname for Bedfordshire resident (nothing to do with football)

Well Pleat (Spurs manager by then) was actually "kerb crawling", but the word on the grapevine was that he wasn't doing anything of the kind - the story was planted by Spurs' (then) chairman Irving Scholar who had found out that Terry Venables was leaving Barcelona. Scholar wanted TV at Spurs, but Pleat had taken Spurs to their best season in ages, so sacking him for footy reasons was out of the question. He therefore needed another excuse....... one planted story later.......

Dontcha just LURVE a good conspiracy theory??? Whatever the rights and wrongs, Pleat became VERY wealthy out of it all.........
Old May 28th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

So where exactly in Dubai are they drilling for oil as many of us here were under the impression that only Abu Dhabi and other Emirates were producing oil these days?
There are 4 offshore fields with a number of platforms accross these...

www.dubaipetroleum.ae