Reload this Page >

UK 'now has seven social classes'

UK 'now has seven social classes'

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 11:57 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK 'now has seven social classes'

Yeah, it was.

I'm decently paid and own a property in London worth more than £500k (and we know what that means by London standards not to mention my mortgage). I imagine the property alone put me in the elite category even though I hardly feel 'elite'.

Originally Posted by Meow
Your result wasn't 'elite' was it?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 1:35 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-about-welfare is surely a more relevant discussion than how much money we all earn or don't?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 2:33 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Yeah, it was.

I'm decently paid and own a property in London worth more than £500k (and we know what that means by London standards not to mention my mortgage). I imagine the property alone put me in the elite category even though I hardly feel 'elite'.
Yes, It means you are average to below average, not Elite.

Greater London
Average house price £445,651
Detached £751,184
Semi-detached £459,182
Terrace £477,449
Flat £394,336
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp, I'm with you- technical middle class.

I wonder what everyone strives to be? My parents have always wanted better for me than they had, which I think is what every parent wants, and them being working class I guess I've done as they wished.

Not forgetting your roots is the key though. In my head middle class is not a flattering pigeon hole to be in and if I behaved above my station my parents and friends would ground me in a nanosecond. For me middle class describes someone who thinks they are better than they are, has a rod stuffed up their arse and is a bit pouncy or perhaps that is just my experience of people whom I would class in that category. Upper class, well don't even get me started. In reality I know some pretty posh types through to proper working class and at the end of the day it doesn't matter where they come from or what they do as long as they are genuine and nice people. Proper posh people I do struggle with though.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kix
I was just going to post this.

I got Elite - and I certainly didn't expect that!

So it must be bollocks then!
Me to - a scam - they will next ask for money for a certificate.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your reading comprehensive isn't very good, is it?

If you'd bothered to take the survey you'd notice that the highest value property ownership category you could tick is £500k+

I merely implied that it doesn't factor in the huge disparity in property prices in the UK and that £500,000 in London doesn't mean anything. Yet if you ticked this box it probably goes a long way in placing you in the elite category.

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Yes, It means you are average to below average, not Elite.

Greater London
Average house price £445,651
Detached £751,184
Semi-detached £459,182
Terrace £477,449
Flat £394,336
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

You can't take the survey, you don't live in the uk
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 5:07 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Your reading comprehensive isn't very good, is it
I am not sure what reading has to do with it at all

Do you want salt and vinegar for your chips?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:24 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Scamp, I'm with you- technical middle class.

I wonder what everyone strives to be? My parents have always wanted better for me than they had, which I think is what every parent wants, and them being working class I guess I've done as they wished.

Not forgetting your roots is the key though. In my head middle class is not a flattering pigeon hole to be in and if I behaved above my station my parents and friends would ground me in a nanosecond. For me middle class describes someone who thinks they are better than they are, has a rod stuffed up their arse and is a bit pouncy or perhaps that is just my experience of people whom I would class in that category. Upper class, well don't even get me started. In reality I know some pretty posh types through to proper working class and at the end of the day it doesn't matter where they come from or what they do as long as they are genuine and nice people. Proper posh people I do struggle with though.
Chippy working class?

I'm middle class, always have been and I am not the kind of person you describe. I can be a frightful snob though!

What is this nonsense about 'ideas above your station'? That's a way of trying to keep people down and not wanting them to have ambition and achieve something. People often say that to others as they are scared about them getting on and leaving them behind. To many, the facts you are a designer, earn a good living and have ambition will define you as middle class.

Of course, the rational answer to all of it is so effing what? Shouldn't we all strive to be decent people and successful in whatever way we want?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow

Of course, the rational answer to all of it is so effing what? Shouldn't we all strive to be decent people and successful in whatever way we want?
Absolutely. Ambitionless people aren't worth knowing.

The fact we are all overseas shows a good level of ambition and a commitment to bettering yourself, your potential, your earnings and your opportunities.

Someone famous once said something like; 'a life without ambition is a life not worth living'. I think. Sod it, I'll claim it. - Scamp 2013.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Absolutely. Ambitionless people aren't worth knowing.

The fact we are all overseas shows a good level of ambition and a commitment to bettering yourself, your potential, your earnings and your opportunities.

Someone famous once said something like; 'a life without ambition is a life not worth living'. I think. Sod it, I'll claim it. - Scamp 2013.
Some of the nicest people i know have no ambition . Your comment defines your young years Mr Scamp .

Brits and the class system , like crabs in a basket .
Old Apr 4th 2013, 11:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Lipstick City
Ambitious? Ambitious about what? I'm ambitious about sitting on a beach and reading a book

. I dont know what you "do" but dont expect everyone to want to play the same games that you want to play Scamp.
I'm ambitious about tea-bagging your daughter whilst your wife films it.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:22 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2013/04/04/...ulator-spoofs/

Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm ambitious about golf and cooking.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 4th 2013 at 12:58 pm. Reason: removed quote
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lipstick City
and everyone is ambitious about somthing...Im ambititous about sleeping in every morning
I'm ambitious about catching more trolls than Jerseygirl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.