Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

UK man beaten to death?

UK man beaten to death?

Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:11 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK man beaten to death?

Originally Posted by lionheart
Can anybody confirm the correct scenario as it seems the Arab doesn't believe anything in the British press.
Do you? (Or did your sarcasm fly over my head?)
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:21 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Do you? (Or did your sarcasm fly over my head?)
Well yes, when I read in several media articles that the guy had been in Police custody for six days, I kind of believed it. Now I'm not so sure.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 6:28 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

More allegations have surfaced...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...IX-guards.html
Old Apr 24th 2011, 8:16 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
As with so much here we just don't know what to believe.

It does seem clear though that the UK Government doesn't really seem to care and is more interested in keeping sweet with the dictators of the UAE than seeing justice done.

Sad.

N.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 9:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
As with so much here we just don't know what to believe.

It does seem clear though that the UK Government doesn't really seem to care and is more interested in keeping sweet with the dictators of the UAE than seeing justice done.

Sad.

N.
terrible situation but is Bur Dubai police station really *notorious* ?
Old Apr 24th 2011, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Would be notorious enough if you were locked up in there for a few days in July....
Old Apr 24th 2011, 10:29 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I had a friend who spent two weeks there because his charming girlfriend at the time decided it would be a fantastic idea to complain to the police that he threatened her (they had a emotional relationship to say the least).

After two weeks she decided that he didn't threaten her after all so he was let out...needless to say that put a dampener on the relationship. He had some interesting stories about other inmates like the man whose wife didn't want him to leave her so she told the police he was seeing someone else and he'd been locked up for that without evidence...or how the locals had a different section with far better food and conditions.

The flea bites over his arms and legs didn't inspire much confidence in the system here for sure...

N.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 10:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Would be notorious enough if you were locked up in there for a few days in July....
agreed but it I hardly think it is worth the tag, it's not exactly known worldwide like the Bangkok Hilton is?
Old Apr 24th 2011, 10:42 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I had a friend who spent two weeks there because his charming girlfriend at the time decided it would be a fantastic idea to complain to the police that he threatened her (they had a emotional relationship to say the least).

After two weeks she decided that he didn't threaten her after all so he was let out...needless to say that put a dampener on the relationship. He had some interesting stories about other inmates like the man whose wife didn't want him to leave her so she told the police he was seeing someone else and he'd been locked up for that without evidence...or how the locals had a different section with far better food and conditions.

The flea bites over his arms and legs didn't inspire much confidence in the system here for sure...

N.
I dread to think how many are behind bars who shouldn't be did you read the articles on my site posted by an ex prisoner?
Old Apr 24th 2011, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

agreed but it I hardly think it is worth the tag, it's not exactly known worldwide like the Bangkok Hilton is?
Agree , because the Governement control the press , so bad press = no press . I'v been unlucky enough to visit Bur Dubai nick twice over the years and it's an eye opener.

I've had two instances where former employees were incarcerated due to minor driving offences.
It's not nice or pleasant in the least , it's a typical 3rd world prison in a 3rd world country.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the place is infested and there's sexual assault , violence , theft and all the usual crimes that go on in a prison . You get on the wrong side of the law here and it turns to shite rather quickly.

Avoid at all costs
Old Apr 24th 2011, 11:32 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Agree , because the Governement control the press , so bad press = no press . I'v been unlucky enough to visit Bur Dubai nick twice over the years and it's an eye opener.

I've had two instances where former employees were incarcerated due to minor driving offences.
It's not nice or pleasant in the least , it's a typical 3rd world prison in a 3rd world country.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the place is infested and there's sexual assault , violence , theft and all the usual crimes that go on in a prison . You get on the wrong side of the law here and it turns to shite rather quickly.

Avoid at all costs
couldn't agree more!