British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   UK Lawyer in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/uk-lawyer-dubai-903650/)

IKnowNothing Sep 21st 2017 12:25 pm

UK Lawyer in Dubai

So I need to get my passport and address certified (for this) as the usual bills here don't count (PO Box numbers), nor do rental contracts etc., nor does my UK DL as I haven't lived there for donkey's years.

So does anyone know a UK registered Lawyer who can do this here - quickly and cheaply?

Ta muchly.

Arnold S Sep 23rd 2017 5:47 pm

Re: UK Lawyer in Dubai

Yes, know one in Dubai that does this.

IKnowNothing Sep 23rd 2017 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Arnold S (Post 12344857)
Yes, know one in Dubai that does this.

You want to share?

Arnold S Sep 23rd 2017 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12344881)
You want to share?

No, that would be communism.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 24th 2017 4:41 am

I needed for the same. Searched for lawyers close to me, rang the 2-3 in my building, went with the cheapest. Think it was 500dibs.

I reckon the same tactics are worth employing, unless someone will do it for free for you.

IKnowNothing Sep 24th 2017 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12345029)
I needed for the same. Searched for lawyers close to me, rang the 2-3 in my building, went with the cheapest. Think it was 500dibs.

I reckon the same tactics are worth employing, unless someone will do it for free for you.

Thanks Scampy, you can't recall the name of them can you? Am in Downtown today - so could call by.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 24th 2017 6:32 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12345042)
Thanks Scampy, you can't recall the name of them can you? Am in Downtown today - so could call by.

Azhari Legal Consultants I think. I saw a guy called Mr Alshamali, very nice chap, sorted it all no problems.

Gavtek Sep 24th 2017 9:22 am

If it's for Lloyds, I got mine done at HSBC on Al Wasl Road, as they took over Lloyds consumer banking operations in the UAE. Didn't cost me anything.

IKnowNothing Sep 24th 2017 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Gavtek (Post 12345116)
If it's for Lloyds, I got mine done at HSBC on Al Wasl Road, as they took over Lloyds consumer banking operations in the UAE. Didn't cost me anything.

Brilliant, will have a wander down there and see if they will do it for me.

Gavtek Sep 25th 2017 3:52 am

That was about 4 years ago now. The lady at reception wasn't very helpful, but I had a wander over to the premier customer area and one of the gentlemen (British chap) there was more than happy to help.

jam25mack Sep 25th 2017 8:04 am

Does your company not have a legal department? Get them to do it.

IKnowNothing Sep 25th 2017 11:19 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12345700)
Does your company not have a legal department? Get them to do it.

A legal department? There's only 5 of us LOL, we don't have any "departments"!

But thanks, I get your point.