Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

UK Immigration Gets Tough

UK Immigration Gets Tough

Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Immigration Gets Tough

The second well publicised case in only a few days. It seems that I may not be able to take my family home with me either, unless I get a reasonably well paid job first. Does anybody know what the savings option requirements are nowadays? Oh well, other EU countries are required by law to allow spouses of Euro citizens to stay, so maybe it's not all doom and gloom.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...isa-rules.html
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:32 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Immigration Gets Tough

Originally Posted by mentalist
The second well publicised case in only a few days. It seems that I may not be able to take my family home with me either, unless I get a reasonably well paid job first. Does anybody know what the savings option requirements are nowadays? Oh well, other EU countries are required by law to allow spouses of Euro citizens to stay, so maybe it's not all doom and gloom.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...isa-rules.html
Savings was always stupidly high as I remember - beyond most peoples means. Another reason why me and my wife will never live in the UK but will stay in the sunshine
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Savings was always stupidly high as I remember - beyond most peoples means. Another reason why me and my wife will never live in the UK but will stay in the sunshine
Same here most likely.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:44 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

And the shisha's better here too...
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:47 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Same here most likely.
Especially as the savings has to be liquid cash. Who has liquid cash? I certainly wouldn't have 60k sat in a bank account doing nothing for me.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Especially as the savings has to be liquid cash. Who has liquid cash? I certainly wouldn't have 60k sat in a bank account doing nothing for me.
Whoops I have...and the rest
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:58 am
Shark Fisherman

Whoops I have...and the rest
Buy another house or do something with it. It's doing nothing for you in a bank.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Maybe they could have one of those little reality shows or experiments for MP's. Like the ones where they live on a jobseekers pay. Only with this one they take their partner away (or their kids) and fly them to a foreign country and say they have to live alone, with only Skype for contact. See how long it takes before it sinks in.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Buy another house or do something with it. It's doing nothing for you in a bank.
But house prices are still falling. Anyway, owning property does not appear to help the spouse evaluation. They only seem interested in cash savings.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:09 pm
Shark Fisherman

But house prices are still falling. Anyway, owning property does not appear to help the spouse evaluation. They only seem interested in cash savings.
Depends where you buy, the world is your oyster mental one. Though if you want to return to the UK you will have to keep it in the bank..........Thanks UK
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is 60K the spouse evaluation limit or just a random figure plucked from the air? Enlighten me, 37yo person.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:39 pm
Shark Fisherman

Is 60K the spouse evaluation limit or just a random figure plucked from the air? Enlighten me, 37yo person.
36 Mentalist, 36........

It used to be a little more than 60k I think, Call it an educated guess having a friend in AD (2010 ish) who had looked into taking a wife home.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:12 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

who had looked into taking a wife home
lol - any wife do?
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:22 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
lol - any wife do?
Haha, It was his one and only wife! Though you can never be too sure in Abu Dhabi.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

just the press jumping on another bandwagon...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.