UK Holiday Maker's Complaints

Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:22 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Talking UK Holiday Maker's Complaints

Just to lighten the mood.

I especially like numbers 10 and 16.

1. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."
2. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."
3. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."
4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."
7. "The beach was too sandy."
8. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."
10. "Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women."
12. "No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."
13. "There was no egg-slicer in the apartment."
14. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."
15. "The roads were uneven.."
16. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home."
17. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."
18. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'. We're trainee hairdressers -- will we be OK staying there?"
19. "There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad."
20. "We had to queue outside with no air-conditioning."
21. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
22. "I was bitten by a mosquito. No-one said they could bite."
23. "My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room.
We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:27 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Holiday Maker's Complaints

Originally Posted by Kix
Just to lighten the mood.

I especially like numbers 10 and 16.

1. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."
2. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."
3. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."
4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."
7. "The beach was too sandy."
8. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."
10. "Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women."
12. "No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."
13. "There was no egg-slicer in the apartment."
14. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."
15. "The roads were uneven.."
16. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home."
17. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."
18. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the accommodation'. We're trainee hairdressers -- will we be OK staying there?"
19. "There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad."
20. "We had to queue outside with no air-conditioning."
21. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
22. "I was bitten by a mosquito. No-one said they could bite."
23. "My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room.
We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:40 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
My favourite also. Closely followed by 13 (I suppose if that was a Dubai ex-pat they would be referring to a person)..
Old Feb 6th 2013, 10:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Were numbers 5, 6, 9 &11 too rude to post?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:06 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scamp
Were numbers 5, 6, 9 &11 too rude to post?
No idea, cut and paste job...
Old Feb 6th 2013, 11:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix
No idea, cut and paste job...
Wasn't complaining, just curious.

Rest are piss funny.