British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The UK Election (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/uk-election-896628/)

IKnowNothing May 11th 2017 5:52 am

The UK Election

So.... if you could, who would you vote for and why?

I won't be voting, even if I was there, my registered address is Basingstoke,I don't think voting changes anything and the British Public are sheep (why did they vote for Tony the liar?).

BEVS May 11th 2017 6:09 am

Re: The UK Election

Tiz a public poll in case you did not realise

scrubbedexpat141 May 11th 2017 6:11 am

You've reminded me I need to sort my forms.

As I can vote, I will, via the old dear doing it for me and I will vote for May.

Millhouse May 11th 2017 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12250150)
You've reminded me I need to sort my forms.

As I can vote, I will, via the old dear doing it for me and I will vote for May.

It's in June.

scrubbedexpat141 May 11th 2017 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12250156)
It's in June.

Wheeeeeeey! #DadGag

I've just sorted my proxy vote stuff. :thumbup:

IKnowNothing May 11th 2017 6:25 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12250145)
Tiz a public poll in case you did not realise

I know....

scrubbedexpat141 May 11th 2017 6:28 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12250167)
I know....

DXBtoDOH is still here....somewhere....lurking....voting...ready.... ..:thumbup:

Millhouse May 11th 2017 6:40 am

Not voting as I don't care enough. The UK is sufficiently broken for neither party to be truly able to fix it or even start to implement the necessary reforms.

Dubaiexile May 11th 2017 6:44 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12250138)
So.... if you could, who would you vote for and why?

I won't be voting, even if I was there, my registered address is Basingstoke,I don't think voting changes anything and the British Public are sheep (why did they vote for Tony the liar?).

So we definitely will not see you commenting on any political posts on here then in that case??

BEVS May 11th 2017 6:46 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12250167)
I know....

OK....

mikelincs May 11th 2017 6:57 am

I MIGHT have voted in the poll, if the descriptions of the parties had not been done in such a childish way, if you want serious answers to a poll, then word the options in a grown up way.

scrubbedexpat141 May 11th 2017 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12250183)
Not voting as I don't care enough. The UK is sufficiently broken for neither party to be truly able to fix it or even start to implement the necessary reforms.

About the only reason that's acceptable for not voting.

Millhouse May 11th 2017 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12250202)
About the only reason that's acceptable for not voting.

I'm about as interested in UK politics, as I am French or American. I'd be more inclined to vote in the next GE as by then the Tory's will actually need my support after as their incompetence may be caught out by then and I can't have labour in. By then, I'd not qualify to vote :lol:

scrubbedexpat141 May 11th 2017 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12250207)
I'm about as interested in UK politics, as I am French or American. I'd be more inclined to vote in the next GE as by then the Tory's will actually need my support after as their incompetence may be caught out by then and I can't have labour in. By then, I'd not qualify to vote :lol:

My vote actually counts, I've done the stuff and remembered / realised I'm not a voter in Salisbury where it's a waste in reality, but in Southampton where a blue vote might be towards making the 20yr long reign of the same Labour bloke end. There's nothing really wrong with him, but he's not exactly exciting eh.

nottmbantam May 11th 2017 7:29 am

Politics is a game, the people who rise are those who play the game better than others. They are not in it to make a difference to our lives. Understand and accept it for what it is.

To coin an old saying " How can you tell when a politician is lying? When his lips are moving"