British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   UK Election (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/uk-election-857786/)

mentalist May 7th 2015 12:27 pm

UK Election

So the big day has finally arrived. Does anybody have any strong views on which party should win? Just trying to liven up this rather bored board.;)

Millhouse May 7th 2015 12:38 pm

Re: UK Election

UKIP - I can't stand economic migrants.

shiva May 7th 2015 1:00 pm

the snp

largely so i can be amused by the fallout over the next few days and calls to annex scotland whilst kicking us out of the union that will be made by the mail and express

Inselaffen May 7th 2015 2:09 pm

Labour/SNP - the pound will crash which will make my summer holiday a lot cheaper

Fossildog May 7th 2015 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 11639546)
Labour/SNP - the pound will crash which will make my summer holiday a lot cheaper

Ha exactly my thoughts, a Labour/SNP dream ticket should tank the pound nicely

Johnnyboy11 May 7th 2015 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11639473)
UKIP - I can't stand economic migrants.

Made me laugh, cheers Millhouse :rofl:

DXBtoDOH May 8th 2015 6:53 am

The strange death of Labour Britain....

alfrombarking May 8th 2015 8:29 am

As they say in the middle east Alhamdullillah, the nation has spoken. Its clear that we want our Health Services and Education Run for Profit and not for the best interests of society. More? We want more Debt and Tax Dodging by the super Rich and more Torture and Vilification of the Sick and Disabled.

We should never underestimate the voters.

DXBtoDOH May 8th 2015 8:47 am

True.

Voters are doing the right thing when they vote Labour. But the wrong thing when they vote Tory. We all know that. My god, how stupid us voters are!

Originally Posted by alfrombarking (Post 11640262)
As they say in the middle east Alhamdullillah, the nation has spoken. Its clear that we want our Health Services and Education Run for Profit and not for the best interests of society. More? We want more Debt and Tax Dodging by the super Rich and more Torture and Vilification of the Sick and Disabled.

shiva May 8th 2015 8:50 am

Happy as Larry.

The Tories either address the issues with the union or force the break up of the union. The SNP are limited in what damage they can do but are also powerless to stop the Tories so anything that shafts Scotland is a clear demonstration that the system is broken.

The opposition in Scotland face a total rebuild which cannot be a bad thing and will help when the referendum issue comes up again next year.

All in a top result.

Not to mention the two idiots eds don't get any power

Best election in my lifetime

shiva May 8th 2015 8:52 am

On the down side the pound won't tank and i have cash to send home

alfrombarking May 8th 2015 9:15 am

whats next for Scotland?

shiva May 8th 2015 9:30 am

Originally Posted by alfrombarking (Post 11640281)
whats next for Scotland?

who knows but its going to be interesting

Inselaffen May 8th 2015 10:58 am

hopefully should allow the government to finally deal with the West Lothian Question and bring an end to the Barnett Formula.

Fossildog May 8th 2015 11:03 am

Originally Posted by alfrombarking (Post 11640262)

I have just got house on my Lefty bingo card. What do I win?