UAE, World Leader?

Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

redheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UAE, World Leader?

Can 'The UAE' & 'World Leader' be used in a sentence together?
eg World Leader in Education, World Leader in Science, World Leader in Medicine, World Leader in Design.
Is there an Emirati that can be called a World Leader in anything?
Or are they all just lazy sods that sponge off the system?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UAE, World Leader?

I would say the UAE is world leader in biggest things.
A few examples

Worlds tallest building
Worlds biggest aquarium
Worlds biggest mall
Worlds biggest artificial island
Worlds highest number of skyscrapers being built simultaneously
Worlds highest number of cranes in a city at any one time
Worlds biggest bridge (coming 2012 supposedly)
Worlds biggest ammount of money poured into the sea (the world islands)
I'm sure the list is endless

I think someone was once a realllllly big fan of Norris McWhirter
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

adn I am sure Dubai must hold the world record for having the highest number of white ranger rovers in a city!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I would say the UAE is world leader in biggest things.
A few examples

Worlds tallest building
Worlds biggest aquarium
Worlds biggest mall
Worlds biggest artificial island
Worlds highest number of skyscrapers being built simultaneously
Worlds highest number of cranes in a city at any one time
Worlds biggest bridge (coming 2012 supposedly)
Worlds biggest ammount of money poured into the sea (the world islands)
I'm sure the list is endless

I think someone was once a realllllly big fan of Norris McWhirter
world's most leaning building...FACT
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don'tbelieve that Saudiflares- What about the leaning tower of Piza? And which building do you mean?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

It's part of the adnec complex in ad. 18degree tilt, 4 times more than the leaning tower of business.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:09 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

I believe the OP was referring to indigenous talent. If there is any, it's well hidden.

Having said that though, I have a bit of a soft spot for Habtoor - he seems like a charismatic and successful dude. Not too sure how successful these days though.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I don'tbelieve that Saudiflares- What about the leaning tower of Piza? And which building do you mean?
oh get with it kitty...it's true, capital gate leans 5 times more than the leaning tower of pisa...it's a really impressive building (and had british architects so presumably is sound, lol)...oh, and it's been confirmed by the guinness world records people...

MM, xx
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:33 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Ahmad Ajtebi is genuinely a world-class jockey and not forgetting HH Sheikh Mohammed who is himself a world class endurance rider - not an easy sport to excel at.

Emirates is one of the world's leading airlines by many measures and the principal cause of the largest shake-up in the airline industry since Singapore airlines first challenged the western flag carriers.

The Palm was undeniably a unique experiment, whatever you think of it's success (I personally applaud it).

As a social experiment in creating a multi-cultural country of est 8 million inhabitants in 2010 from just over 90,000 inhabitants in 1960, the UAE is completely unique.

There are many ways in which the UAE is astonishing - and of course still many areas for improvement, as almost anywhere else. The OPs question is loaded, so probably won't pay any attention to any of the above anyway.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

World leader in turning a bunch of tribes into a country with a high GDP?
World leader in sending aid and relief personnel to disaster-struck areas?
World leader in improving living standards and infant mortality rates and literacy rates?
World leader in not having started any wars or bopmbed any other countries?
World leader in providing healthcare and education and housing for its own citizens?
World leader in having their citizens welcomed into any country on visit visas given at the airport?

Or do you want another version?

World leader in having the highest number of whinging failed-in-their-own-country social misfits whose current interests consist of chasing filipinas and reading the Express.
World leader in treating semi-skilled lager-louts as if they were professionals in the mistaken belief that they are going to appreciate it?

You choose which one is aimed at you. As ctfc said- it's a loaded question. Another opportunity to indulge in thinly-veiled racism.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:46 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by seven seas
... Another opportunity to indulge in thinly-veiled racism.
And you took it brilliantly!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
And you took it brilliantly!
I figured 'Why not join in?'.
Thanks for alerting me and not anyone else. It's great having my own personal PC cop. I'll be waiting for the invoice.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:18 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
World leader in turning a bunch of tribes into a country with a high GDP?
World leader in sending aid and relief personnel to disaster-struck areas?
World leader in improving living standards and infant mortality rates and literacy rates?
World leader in not having started any wars or bopmbed any other countries?
World leader in providing healthcare and education and housing for its own citizens?
World leader in having their citizens welcomed into any country on visit visas given at the airport?

Or do you want another version?

World leader in having the highest number of whinging failed-in-their-own-country social misfits whose current interests consist of chasing filipinas and reading the Express.
World leader in treating semi-skilled lager-louts as if they were professionals in the mistaken belief that they are going to appreciate it?

You choose which one is aimed at you. As ctfc said- it's a loaded question. Another opportunity to indulge in thinly-veiled racism.
Nicely balanced view. And sadly, the two negatives do just about balance the numerous positives in their impact.

Having said that, there are probably a few more negatives, some of which are:

World leader in wasting desalinated water
World leader in modernised slavery
World leader (jointly with about 147 other nations) in hypocrisy

and postively

Youngest nation to host an F1 GP? (or is that Bahrain?)
err... that's it
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

redheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
I believe the OP was referring to indigenous talent. If there is any, it's well hidden.

Having said that though, I have a bit of a soft spot for Habtoor - he seems like a charismatic and successful dude. Not too sure how successful these days though.
after a tough day of working with the young men and women of this country and trying to find what they aspire too. it is very frustrating that the only thing they want to do is work for the government, police or the military.

individual thought is rarely exercised and passion even less evident
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Chairman of next season's Premier League champs

and a thoroughly top guy is Khaldoon

Get on at 9/2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.