British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   UAE running calander (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/uae-running-calander-733183/)

commander Sep 21st 2011 7:02 pm

UAE running calander

Just kicked off tonight with a hot 5K run at the Autodrome. Was around 300 people racing of ALL abilities..

I know there is always a 'let's get fit' type thread that slips off the radar quicker than a Scamps' BE night out thread

Just letting anyone who fancies doing a bit of running, don't be scared of the stick insects in running vests..they make up the minority..

See you out there.

Madam Medusa Sep 22nd 2011 3:55 am

Re: UAE running calander

i've signed up for the 5k on 11 november on the palm...i've always hated running, but am actually really enjoying it now...it's a small run in the grand scheme of things, but for me it's a huge deal and i'm really looking forward to it...

MM, xx

shiva Sep 22nd 2011 4:38 am

Read a book on holiday you might like commander. Born to run by Chris mcdougall. Inspiring stuff highly recommend it to anyone especially runners

Spugsy Sep 22nd 2011 5:22 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9634822)
Just kicked off tonight with a hot 5K run at the Autodrome. Was around 300 people racing of ALL abilities..

I know there is always a 'let's get fit' type thread that slips off the radar quicker than a Scamps' BE night out thread

Just letting anyone who fancies doing a bit of running, don't be scared of the stick insects in running vests..they make up the minority..

See you out there.

Must still be damn hot though? All I do thesedays at the gym is run, I love it - may give it a go outside one of these days...

commander Sep 22nd 2011 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9635540)
i've signed up for the 5k on 11 november on the palm...i've always hated running, but am actually really enjoying it now...it's a small run in the grand scheme of things, but for me it's a huge deal and i'm really looking forward to it...

MM, xx

in the grande scheme of what? a 5K run is a bloody good effort. Well done!! Enjoy your training for it and i will be surprised when you cross the line if you dont want to do another one but quicker etc..

Well Done!!

commander Sep 22nd 2011 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9635611)
Must still be damn hot though? All I do thesedays at the gym is run, I love it - may give it a go outside one of these days...

It is mate, but it is so much better outside than on a treadmill. Just learn to run wisely (use a HR monitor) and keep it steady.

There was places at the autodrome last night that was like running in a sauna, but not too bad.

I love the 5K distance. Its like a full on Max HR 'run till you drop' distance, leave nothing in reserve..

commander Sep 22nd 2011 5:32 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 9635579)
Read a book on holiday you might like commander. Born to run by Chris mcdougall. Inspiring stuff highly recommend it to anyone especially runners

cheers, ill look for that.

Madam Medusa Sep 22nd 2011 6:53 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9635619)
in the grande scheme of what? a 5K run is a bloody good effort. Well done!! Enjoy your training for it and i will be surprised when you cross the line if you dont want to do another one but quicker etc..

Well Done!!

it's just that some people say, "oh, only 5k, well i did the marathon last year..." and then it seems a bit rubbish...as i said, it's a huge deal for me so i'll be pretty chuffed with myself when i finish...

MM, xx

commander Sep 22nd 2011 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9635669)
it's just that some people say, "oh, only 5k, well i did the marathon last year..." and then it seems a bit rubbish...as i said, it's a huge deal for me so i'll be pretty chuffed with myself when i finish...

MM, xx

and so you should, and people who say that are idiots, send them my way, ill beast them..

Norm_uk Sep 22nd 2011 8:38 am

MM, xx

Most people who say that can't run across the street without getting out of breath. And most of the truly fit athletic types will be the first to congratulate you on even attempting a 5km run...bloody hell I don't know if I could run 5km these days with my sit on my rear lifestyle!

Well done.

N.

Spugsy Sep 22nd 2011 1:36 pm

MM, xx

Yeah I think it's great what you did, well done.

flares Sep 22nd 2011 4:52 pm

the riyadh road runners club looks good. signed up for their newsletter and already feel much fitter by just reading that!!

mandm65 Sep 27th 2011 11:48 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 9636516)
the riyadh road runners club looks good. signed up for their newsletter and already feel much fitter by just reading that!!

OK so let me help you to burn a few more calories :-)
On a serious note, if anyone who is in the 'running business' below is RRR schedule
Cheers

Friday 14th October 10 km
Friday 28th October 5 km handicap
Friday 11th November 5 Mile Prediction Race
Friday 25th November 10 Mile
Friday 9th December Half Marathon
Friday 23rd December 5 Mile Prediction Race

Friday 6th January 10 km
Friday 20th January 10 Mile
Friday 3rd February 30 km
Friday 17th February Marathon
Friday 2nd March 10 mile
Friday 16th March 10 km
Friday 30th March 5 km handicap

commander Mar 21st 2012 8:20 pm

Whatever happened to MM, did she run away?

Anyone, apart from Spartans bloke run in any of the events..

If you own a Blue FJ cruiser...let's kiss and make up...glasgow style.

spartans53 Mar 22nd 2012 4:27 am

You running the Hills tomorrow?