British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   UAE Islamic authority issues Fatwa against Muslims living on Mars. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/uae-islamic-authority-issues-fatwa-against-muslims-living-mars-825647/)

Boomhauer Feb 19th 2014 5:41 pm

UAE Islamic authority issues Fatwa against 1-way trip to Mars.

Muslims have been warned in a Fatwa not to go and live on Mars because it would pose "a real risk to life", according to a Dubai news organisation.

The General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment (GAIAE) in the United Arab Emirates said that anyone making such a "hazardous trip" is likely to die for "no righteous reason".

They would therefore be liable to a "punishment similar to that of suicide in the Hereafter", the Khaleej Times reported.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...e-on-Mars.html
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-artic...=nationgeneral

-
Well I am glad that's settled .

jam25mack Feb 19th 2014 6:22 pm

Re: UAE Islamic authority issues Fatwa against Muslims living on Mars.

Makes perfect sense!

Irishbeekeeper Feb 19th 2014 7:04 pm

Well technically what they are saying is that if you know you will probably die during this endeavor then it constitutes the same as suicide?
I'm sorry but that's a load of male cow manure if you ask me, with the rising number of road deaths annually (cars kill more people than guns btw), I should be banned from getting in a car because statistically I am likely to die and having known that I should not have done it and since I did it, therefore I knowingly committed suicide??
Who issues these guys their degrees? I want a refund!!

mikewot Feb 20th 2014 2:53 am

I am disappointed that there has not been any statement yet on how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Yoohoo Feb 20th 2014 3:04 am

We can only hope the Vatican, the Zionists, the Dalai Llama and the scions of the Bible Belts around the world say the same thing.

Then we can emigrate to Mars in the full knowledge that at least we are safe from the effects of sectarian violence.

shiva Feb 20th 2014 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11137725)
Well technically what they are saying is that if you know you will probably die during this endeavor then it constitutes the same as suicide?
I'm sorry but that's a load of male cow manure if you ask me, with the rising number of road deaths annually (cars kill more people than guns btw), I should be banned from getting in a car because statistically I am likely to die and having known that I should not have done it and since I did it, therefore I knowingly committed suicide??

So where is the fatwa on wearing seatbelts and strapping your ****ing kids in.
Pretty sure crashing while your kids hang out the ****ing sun roof is manslaughter

Irishbeekeeper Feb 20th 2014 5:38 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11138493)
Pretty sure crashing while your kids hang out the ****ing sun roof is manslaughter

:thumbsup:

how about one against traveling in planes, they crash all the time :D

Millsyisland Feb 20th 2014 5:39 am

:goodpost:

Venezuelan007 Feb 20th 2014 7:49 am

So... What do we do with the crazy suicidal drivers?

Parachutters?
Daredevils?
Stunt-doubles?

pauldxb Feb 20th 2014 8:25 am

:goodpost:

Boomhauer Feb 20th 2014 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Yoohoo (Post 11138415)
We can only hope the Vatican, the Zionists, the Dalai Llama and the scions of the Bible Belts around the world say the same thing.

Then we can emigrate to Mars in the full knowledge that at least we are safe from the effects of sectarian violence.

:thumbup:

No reason to muck up Mars by exporting the sectarians amongst us.

I am not against religion, but it should be a private matter whereas many simply see religion as a tool to exert dominance over others.

Boomhauer Feb 20th 2014 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11137725)

Bee..
I am sorry to say you can not go to Mars.:D
You could try appealing to GAIAE to see if they will reverse the Fatwa.

Meow Feb 22nd 2014 11:13 am

http://www.panarabiaenquirer.com/wor...ligious-edict/

"SANA’A: Yemeni authorities confirmed this morning that they had pulled the plug on the country’s space programme following the recent issuing of a fatwa against living on Mars.

“Naturally, we’re all very disappointed,” said Ghaith al-Mitty, lead scientist at the Yemeni Arab Space Agency (YASA).

“We’d already got most of the fuel. And some of the drawings we’ve done for the rocket looked great.”

However, al-Mitty admitted that he agreed with the decision of the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment.

“Besides, some of the guys were a bit freaked out by Gravity,” he said.
"

Irishbeekeeper Feb 22nd 2014 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11138968)
Bee..
I am sorry to say you can not go to Mars.:D
You could try appealing to GAIAE to see if they will reverse the Fatwa.

well according to this book I read a long time ago, all of us are from Mars anyway, I need to get to Venus if you know what I mean ;)

btw, while on the theoretical topic of living on another planet, who would want to live on such a dry and arid planet anyway? I would rather live on Jupiter with its huge monster storms and a couple of moons, life would be so much more interesting there :D

Boomhauer Feb 22nd 2014 3:12 pm

I have a hunch a lot of Emiratis would jump at the chance to visit Uranus:ohmy: