Is the UAE going bust?

Old Sep 20th 2013, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is the UAE going bust?

So, we went to register our car last week. Couldn't do so until we'd paid off all of our fines - which weren't really fines, but rather were the Saeed charges for the times we've needed their 'services' over the years. One went back as far as 2010! In that case, along with at least one other, we know we were given the slip showing us that the fine was payable by the other party.

The odd thing is when my husband went to add another vehicle category onto his licence in July there were absolutely zero outstanding fines or charges. These charges have only recently been added.

We really needed to register the vehicle, and we don't speak Arabic so we knew we'd have no chance of successfully querying the charges, so we decided we'd just suck it up. However, when we went to pay, they wouldn't take a credit card, and insisted on cash. Does anybody else think this sounds really, really dodgy? Is the UAE doing the equivalent of looking under the cushions trying to scrape up as much loose change as it can?

I wonder what they'd have done if we'd left the country in the meantime? Do you think there be warrants out for the arrest of anybody who had the misfortune of coming into contact with Saeed over the years?
Old Sep 20th 2013, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the UAE going bust?

Was a receipt given?
Old Sep 20th 2013, 11:13 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

What is Saeed?
Old Sep 20th 2013, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eeyore
What is Saeed?
saeed is the police that come out to do the police report in auh and other places now not yet dxb in place of the red/white traffic ones in auh. you have to pay for their services tho as its tagged onto your traffic file.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

where did you go, u can pay with cc at muroor traffic in the past.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
So, we went to register our car last week. Couldn't do so until we'd paid off all of our fines - which weren't really fines, but rather were the Saeed charges for the times we've needed their 'services' over the years. One went back as far as 2010! In that case, along with at least one other, we know we were given the slip showing us that the fine was payable by the other party.

The odd thing is when my husband went to add another vehicle category onto his licence in July there were absolutely zero outstanding fines or charges. These charges have only recently been added.

We really needed to register the vehicle, and we don't speak Arabic so we knew we'd have no chance of successfully querying the charges, so we decided we'd just suck it up. However, when we went to pay, they wouldn't take a credit card, and insisted on cash. Does anybody else think this sounds really, really dodgy? Is the UAE doing the equivalent of looking under the cushions trying to scrape up as much loose change as it can?

I wonder what they'd have done if we'd left the country in the meantime? Do you think there be warrants out for the arrest of anybody who had the misfortune of coming into contact with Saeed over the years?
where did you go to pay, as in the past at muroor traffic you can pay with a credit card
Old Sep 20th 2013, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, because your saed fees are going to make a difference.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Muroor Road and they did give a receipt. It seemed legit, just a bit strange.

As for not making a difference, Saeed fees are 500Dh a pop. Add that up over the last three years for every single bingle there's been on AUH roads, multiply it by two (looks like they're charging both the person and fault and the person not at fault) and I think there'd be substantial financial gain to be had.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
Went to Muroor Road and they did give a receipt. It seemed legit, just a bit strange.

As for not making a difference, Saeed fees are 500Dh a pop. Add that up over the last three years for every single bingle there's been on AUH roads, multiply it by two (looks like they're charging both the person and fault and the person not at fault) and I think there'd be substantial financial gain to be had.
no they are not they used to be 500 when they first started but they are now 300 dhs each.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I to registered my car last week. At the time I had no fines, however, when my car was at the garage I got a text notifying me of a ticket. As I was on my way to the garage I asked the chap. He pointed to my very dusty Jeep in the corner and swore blind he hadn't moved it in a week.

Then when I was reregistering the fine was down as 800 dibs plus another 200 dibs for a 'lesson'. I asked what this was but the big fat munter behind the counter didn't know / couldn't be arsed to tell me. As I was 14 months overdue in registering (car wasn't being used) I didn't argue the case.

Either way, they have always been money grabbing bastards who make fines and charges up on the spot.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I to registered my car last week. At the time I had no fines, however, when my car was at the garage I got a text notifying me of a ticket. As I was on my way to the garage I asked the chap. He pointed to my very dusty Jeep in the corner and swore blind he hadn't moved it in a week.

Then when I was reregistering the fine was down as 800 dibs plus another 200 dibs for a 'lesson'. I asked what this was but the big fat munter behind the counter didn't know / couldn't be arsed to tell me. As I was 14 months overdue in registering (car wasn't being used) I didn't argue the case.

Either way, they have always been money grabbing bastards who make fines and charges up on the spot.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jam25mack

u will be charged 10 dhs for every month overdue but of course they can fine you for not re-registering as well perhaps it was that.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busybee2
u will be charged 10 dhs for every month overdue but of course they can fine you for not re-registering as well perhaps it was that.
Nah, I got that as a separate 'fine'. Not sure how they worked it out but that came out at about 775 dibs.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Nah, I got that as a separate 'fine'. Not sure how they worked it out but that came out at about 775 dibs.
think of a number double it now divide by 289684959598 and see what comes out
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
think of a number double it now divide by 289684959598 and see what comes out
There is an absolutely disgraceful lack of information. That is a serious problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.