Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

UAE Blackberries - stealth surveillance installed?

Wikiposts

UAE Blackberries - stealth surveillance installed?

Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:11 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default UAE Blackberries - stealth surveillance installed?

At the least a PR screw up - at the worst Big Brother...

http://fakeplasticsouks.blogspot.com...07/blodge.html

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...thread.id=5504

Last edited by Autonomy; Jul 12th 2009 at 7:13 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:54 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UAE Blackberries - stealth surveillance installed?

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I think its another Etisalat f up. I think they are trying to block VOIP services via that script. As this script is not used for monitoring its used for blocking certain services. I think that is!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Etisalat so much. The patch has severely reduced battery life.

They have the worst PR/press department that only deals with matters that it feels like.

Absolutely bloody useless.

-
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:16 am

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Meow
I hate Etisalat so much. The patch has severely reduced battery life.

They have the worst PR/press department that only deals with matters that it feels like.

Absolutely bloody useless.

-
They released a patch just on sunday to fix this issue. My black berry is fine
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Birdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tiger989
They released a patch just on sunday to fix this issue. My black berry is fine
How can I get hold of this patch ? My battery is lasting about 2 hours at the moment before needing a full recharge since installing that darned thing! Any help or advice gratefully received...
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Birdeez
How can I get hold of this patch ? My battery is lasting about 2 hours at the moment before needing a full recharge since installing that darned thing! Any help or advice gratefully received...
The new patch to fix the issue our company released isn't working.

follow these steps:

If you have installed the patch and you are experiencing problems then please perform the below or contact the Etisalat Service Desk on 101

· Turn off your Blackberry device

· Remove the battery and wait for 2-3 minutes

· Turn on the Blackberry, it can take up to 5 min before the device is ready

I will update you as soon as I get any updates on the correct patch
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:03 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

follow these steps:

If you have installed the patch and you are experiencing problems then please perform the below or contact the Etisalat Service Desk on 101

Or, turn of your Blackberry and remove the battery. Put the battery in the freezer overnight and get a fewking life!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Birdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to all

follow these steps:

Thanks, I tried taking the battery out yesterday but it's made no difference to the longevity of the battery. I will try it again though today. If you hear of anything else that might help let me know - I'd rather do that than have to speak to Etisalat!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:27 pm