UAE Banks

Old May 8th 2017, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: UAE Banks

Originally Posted by Gavtek
This sums up my experience with ENBD, they have the best online banking by a considerable distance and are generally hassle free unless you need to visit a branch. The other downside to them is that they employ FBI counterfeit investigator level staff to verify signatures on cheques and such like. I had one customer service guy watch me sign a cheque in front of him then 5 seconds later claim that it wasn't my signature because the shape of the loop on one of the letters was a different shape.

I'm with ADCB now that ENBD refused to let me unfreeze my account after 12 months of inactivity with a letter from my new employer and Emirates ID application form. ADCB seem ok, although their refusal to let me have access to cheques until I had my Emirates ID in my hand (they were happy to give me a credit card though) did cause me a lot of personal hassle and expenditure but not sure if that's their own policies or if it's forced upon them by the Central Bank.
I had to give my bank, Emirates Islamic, my signature for a car loan. Signed the form five times, he rejected every one because of the same thing.

He suggested I email the "best matching one" to the main office and see if they'd accept it. They did.
Old May 8th 2017, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
None of them are anything close to perfect but your best options in the UAE are probably ENBD, RAK, NBAD or ADIB, depending on what exactly you want.
And this woman would know.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

I'll be opening my first account this weekend (finally after receiving all my paperwork!).

Who should I go for? I've been recommended by colleagues to open an account with Emirates NBD...

Now my missus works for a large international bank and recommends that I avoid a local bank. Reasons being that an international bank has higher protections/security and easier to transfer money should I return to the UK.

I disagree with her but eager to hear all your experience on this!
Old Jun 29th 2017, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
I'll be opening my first account this weekend (finally after receiving all my paperwork!).

Who should I go for? I've been recommended by colleagues to open an account with Emirates NBD...

Now my missus works for a large international bank and recommends that I avoid a local bank. Reasons being that an international bank has higher protections/security and easier to transfer money should I return to the UK.

I disagree with her but eager to hear all your experience on this!
from what i know, Emirates NBD is a good choice. I think somewhere in the future i'll be changing over to them.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

ADIB is another good bank...their interest rates and general bank charges are lower than the other banks.
From the research i have done local banks are much better than international ones on the retail side
Old Jul 1st 2017, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

I used to be in Lloyds then it got taken over by HSBC. After that "charges" started to appear on my account and while the counter staff were diligent, attentive, vigilant and earnest each time it happened I felt guilty that I was impacting their Candy Crush scores. With ENBD now who have been fine.
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Signed up with ENBD, let's see how I get on...