British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   U.S. Rescues Two Saudi Fighter Pilots After Splashdown Near Yemen (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/u-s-rescues-two-saudi-fighter-pilots-after-splashdown-near-yemen-855447/)

Irishbeekeeper Mar 28th 2015 8:19 am

U.S. Rescues Two Saudi Fighter Pilots After Splashdown Near Yemen

U.S. Rescues Two Saudi Fighter Pilots After Splashdown Near Yemen - NBC News

'but yakhi, yanni its just a blane, we will buy another one! come come, dont be angry...come, come sit in my bintly!!'

But isnt this synonymous of the whole fiasco being played out in front of us all over middle east?
The sauds and the wahabs want the iranians / shias to cease and desist in their activities in areas close to home, but they still want them to keep fighting the monster that their ideology created in syria / iraq, yet they dont want the US to help them, but wouldn't mind help for themselves coz they cant do anything without their help!

TGFKASE Mar 30th 2015 5:43 am

Re: U.S. Rescues Two Saudi Fighter Pilots After Splashdown Near Yemen

Remember chatting to a Scot, who was based in Saudi and worked as a 'consultant' to the Saudi Air Force, in the Oirish bar in Bahrain Airport a few years ago..

He told me the story of a Saudi fighter pilot who, whilst being ordered to drop his load, so to speak, on the Yemeni's, promptly steered his jet to the Red Sea and ditched his aircraft, still fully laden....

Now thats conscientious objecting..!!!

Boomhauer Mar 30th 2015 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 11606214)
Remember chatting to a Scot, who was based in Saudi and worked as a 'consultant' to the Saudi Air Force, in the Oirish bar in Bahrain Airport a few years ago..

He told me the story of a Saudi fighter pilot who, whilst being ordered to drop his load, so to speak, on the Yemeni's, promptly steered his jet to the Red Sea and ditched his aircraft, still fully laden....

Now thats conscientious objecting..!!!

He could have dropped it on some worthwhile target, not necessarily in Yemen;)

alfrombarking Apr 4th 2015 1:25 am

Any truth that Pakistanis pilots fly Saudi & Emirati fighter jets?

Irishbeekeeper Apr 4th 2015 9:15 am

Well foreign troops did land in Yemen 3 days ago according to the BBC and there are unconfirmed but solid reports of them being Pakistani troops. I wouldn't be surprised that the PAF would lend a few of their pilots to our brethren here. After all, they have done this before as we all know and the hardware used by all 3 forces are almost identical i.e. provided by the yanks.

scot47 Apr 4th 2015 11:54 am

There are Pakistanis who are seconded to the Military in KSA.

Irishbeekeeper Apr 4th 2015 3:06 pm

You mean on deputation?
Or as military attaches?
because that has been common practice for more than 30 years I think. And thats vice versa as well, almost all GCC countries send their young commissioned officers to each other including Pakistan etc.

Boomhauer Apr 4th 2015 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11610499)
Well foreign troops did land in Yemen 3 days ago according to the BBC and there are unconfirmed but solid reports of them being Pakistani troops. I wouldn't be surprised that the PAF would lend a few of their pilots to our brethren here. After all, they have done this before as we all know and the hardware used by all 3 forces are almost identical i.e. provided by the yanks.

Isn't it a bit amusing that despite Pakistanis fighting wars for Arabs for decades, Arabs still look down on them and treat many quite harshly.

Millhouse Apr 5th 2015 8:49 am

all the gear and no idea.

Irishbeekeeper Apr 12th 2015 7:32 am

Well this came as a pleasant surprise :

Arab Parliament head ‘disappointed’ with Pakistan’s decision | GulfNews.com

Although how much of it is true would be a good guess!