U.K Tram incident

Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.K Tram incident

Originally Posted by Ethos83
It is astonishing how diverse and multi-ethnic London has become in the past two decades. Can see how the change has freaked off some people. Even I've had my 'am I even in England' moments whilst walking down a random London street.

Mind you, the people most freaked out by the racial changes are the ones who won't work and which is why employers continue to hire overseas migrants....

Multiculturalism and diversity have failed the United Kingdom . The effects can be seen far and wide up and down the country.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:28 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Migrant levels are at a record high in 2011 despite the economic crisis. Last year 250,000 migrants came to Britain.

Whatever the multiculturalism issues are, there's still far too many people emigrating to Britain and it's absolutely appalling that there's little control over the borders.

And yes, I blame it on Labour. It's now widely known they passively encouraged record migration levels and opened the floodgates soon after the 1997 victory on the principle that these migrants would become future labour voters.

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Multiculturalism and diversity have failed the United Kingdom . The effects can be seen far and wide up and down the country.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Migrant levels are at a record high in 2011 despite the economic crisis. Last year 250,000 migrants came to Britain.

Whatever the multiculturalism issues are, there's still far too many people emigrating to Britain and it's absolutely appalling that there's little control over the borders.

And yes, I blame it on Labour. It's now widely known they passively encouraged record migration levels and opened the floodgates soon after the 1997 victory on the principle that these migrants would become future labour voters.
I never believed I would say this but I am glad Labour are gone
Old Nov 29th 2011, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Agree entirely, but not just the UK, I think it just doesn't work
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that but you missed out the fat cats such as the C.B.I who badgered Blair and Brown for cheap labour for their St James's Gentlemens Club drinking chums business .

Why pay 9 pound an hour old boy when we can pay the impoverished Pole 5.50 to work the land eh ?

The rich need the poor to be poor . http://londonbanker.blogspot.com/201...eccles-to.html

Interesting article
Old Nov 29th 2011, 7:43 am
W10

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch
Agree entirely, but not just the UK, I think it just doesn't work
Don't you live in Abu Dhabi? Or are you advocating ghettoisation as a better policy?

Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by W10
Don't you live in Abu Dhabi? Or are you advocating ghettoisation as a better policy?
I don't believe I was advocating anything, nor am I offering any solution, Yes I live in AD but there are probably less nationalities here now than there are in Britain.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

She is just speaking what she is thinking and feeling, unlike the hypocrites who just show a false facade.

The comments on the video are the interesting bit.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

This has been blown way out of proportion. She was only reading her Daily Mail to her kid!
Old Nov 29th 2011, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Shameful! This really really winds me up

I have always loved London for being such a melting pot of nationalities, I love going to Brixton market, or Southall, I lived on a white minority estate which was rough to be honest and I always slapped myself for being surprised when a 6ft black dude wearing a hoodie held a door open for me or said good morning to me. I have also been spat at and called a white whore by muslim women in their 40's (ish) for wearing a vest(in southampton), I have had white friends beaten up and chased with machete weilding gangs of indian youths. I also have Indian friends, black friends, asian friends and love hearing about their cultures which many of them being born in Britain still hold close to their hearts and rightly so. How do so many culture all live happily together- surely there must be a way- education and opportunities.

I am from a predominatly white area where as a child there was one chinese girl and one black girl in my entire school year, one is now a dentist and one is a doctor. They put up with years of abuse due to kids who listened and adopted their parents bigotry. Being called a chink and a chocolate drop. These kids have gone on to make just their parents proud. have all the white kids in my class done the same? some have - some are dead through drug abuse and some are just normal everyday people. Colour and race doesn't dictate whether someone is one thing or another, opportunities in life do that which sadly for poorer kids are hard to come by and generally poorer areas tend to be minority groups. Rather than moaning about all these people that aren't white english perhaps people should look a bit further than skin colour- people move to the UK for a better life, some may abuse the social system but plenty of british born whites do that as well. Many go on to do the jobs we need as a country to survive- whether that be a doctor or a binman at least they are working- yes the country is over populated but it shouldn't be stopped that people who want to work shouldnt be allowed in, just like we cant kick out the losers who refuse to work for the minimum wage.

How do you make a nation proud and united when the second the economy drops people point fingers at the last in.

The people having a rant also seem on the lower level of intelligence- blaming everyone else for their hard time of it- and of course its easy to point at those that are different- rather than accepting they are where they are in life because they haven't done anything with their own lives - sad times :-(
Old Nov 29th 2011, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to say that she's a chavvy slag who is hiding behind her kid and the lame excuse of drunkenness to say what she wouldn't have the guts to say normally.

What's scary is how many on this board agree with her.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

yes- the culture that is definitely unfit for purpose is the lager-swilling racist chavvy stock that can't adapt to change and complain about the very existence of The Other. It's time to cull them. Sterilisation or lobotomies?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

mandm65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittycat1

I have always loved London for being such a melting pot of nationalities, I love going to Brixton market, or Southall, I lived on a white minority estate which was rough to be honest and I always slapped myself for being surprised when a 6ft black dude wearing a hoodie held a door open for me or said good morning to me. I have also been spat at and called a white whore by muslim women in their 40's (ish) for wearing a vest(in southampton), I have had white friends beaten up and chased with machete weilding gangs of indian youths. I also have Indian friends, black friends, asian friends and love hearing about their cultures which many of them being born in Britain still hold close to their hearts and rightly so. How do so many culture all live happily together- surely there must be a way- education and opportunities.

I am from a predominatly white area where as a child there was one chinese girl and one black girl in my entire school year, one is now a dentist and one is a doctor. They put up with years of abuse due to kids who listened and adopted their parents bigotry. Being called a chink and a chocolate drop. These kids have gone on to make just their parents proud. have all the white kids in my class done the same? some have - some are dead through drug abuse and some are just normal everyday people. Colour and race doesn't dictate whether someone is one thing or another, opportunities in life do that which sadly for poorer kids are hard to come by and generally poorer areas tend to be minority groups. Rather than moaning about all these people that aren't white english perhaps people should look a bit further than skin colour- people move to the UK for a better life, some may abuse the social system but plenty of british born whites do that as well. Many go on to do the jobs we need as a country to survive- whether that be a doctor or a binman at least they are working- yes the country is over populated but it shouldn't be stopped that people who want to work shouldnt be allowed in, just like we cant kick out the losers who refuse to work for the minimum wage.

How do you make a nation proud and united when the second the economy drops people point fingers at the last in.

The people having a rant also seem on the lower level of intelligence- blaming everyone else for their hard time of it- and of course its easy to point at those that are different- rather than accepting they are where they are in life because they haven't done anything with their own lives - sad times :-(
+1
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:53 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

It is astonishing how diverse and multi-ethnic London has become in the past two decades. Can see how the change has freaked off some people. Even I've had my 'am I even in England' moments whilst walking down a random London street.

Mind you, the people most freaked out by the racial changes are the ones who won't work and which is why employers continue to hire overseas migrants....
Very true. We simply cannot expect any country, especially one like Britain with our island mentality to have universal acceptance of major immigration of different ethnic groups. The Emiratis are far better looked after by their government and a number still complain about foreigners or certain types of foreigners, especially in terms of cultural and religious gripes....why wouldn't the UK be any different?

That said, the UAE can dump the foreigners one day if they no longer need them...the UK generally makes them fellow citizens so without real integration and assimilation this is something that we'll continue to see for a long time to come, regardless of who's complaining and if they actually have a point or not.

To many people it looks like a population swap in some areas...no wonder some of them flip.

N.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:03 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1

more karma than it will let me give...

That woman was a vile, drugged up, ignorant and nasty little bitch.

There are figures somewhere about the numbers of working immigrants versus the so-called sponging, dole taking, council house stealing illegal immigrants. I did a tv item on it not so long ago. The Daily Fail might like to find these figures for some perspective.

I dunno, living here has made me more sympathetic to those who leave their home country, their loved ones, their friends and a culture they understand to go to a strange country with secretly hostile natives where they may, or may not make enough money to live a life most of us would not ever be able to even contemplate living. 800dhs a month? Most of us could spend that in spinney's in minutes.

I think I'm bloody lucky to be British. If I was poor and faced no future in my home country I would do the same as them and do my best for myself and my family by attempting to carve a decent life elsewhere. Maybe that's what we all are doing here...

Isn't it all geography anyway? The UK has attracted immigrants for it's entire history. That's what our language has such a myriad of linguistic influences. Angles, Saxons, Vikings, Jews, Huguenots etc etc. Certainly London has been attracting refugees/ for eons. And it wouldn't be half as interesting without them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.