U.K Tram incident

Old Dec 15th 2011, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

londonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant future
Default Re: U.K Tram incident

That's the point, people do normally refrain from riot and revolution in the UK

Originally Posted by Scamp
EH?

Refrain from riot and revolution? WTF?

So you're telling me nobody kicking the glass in at Curry's and stealing TV's was on benefits?

Jesus wept.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
No, you make it sound that way - reading between the invisible lines for a change

And I am in no way obliged to respect or keep silent about other people who come to my country and settle indefinitely - especially when they bring inhumane methods of animal slaughter, backwards ideas of gender relations, religious sensibilities we left behind in the 1600s, a lack of invention and a sense of total disregard for British concepts like rule of law and fair play.

You keep blurring the clear line between foreigners and mass immigration. No one cares about foreigners if they respect our customs and ways of life. Many don't mind seeing some foreigners assimilate and become citizens either...but the current trends is too many too soon with not enough assimilation.

I am sure Britain won't collapse and become a third world country if we cap immigration and ask foreigners to assimilate or leave when their work is finished.

Everyone not born in what is now Tanzania is a foreigner if we take your reasoning to it's logical conclusion since the first homo sapiens rose there.

I have a better suggestion - when you go to someone else's country (even if their ancestors only arrived there 500 or 1000 years ago) you respect their laws, customs and culture...and you change to fit them and don't ask them to change to fit YOU.

Yes there are racists everywhere. The black man on a train in France recently who clearly stated he wanted to kill all whites would be a good example of racism. The white woman on a tram in Britain was a ranting tribalist who asked people to leave her country - not die. Even the vile BNP are asking for people to leave...not die. The EDL is asking for people to leave or assimilate fully and drop their foreign customs and religions. Who is the more racist though - the one who wants to be left alone or the one who wants to do what Hitler tried to do and wipe out people based on their ethnicity??

There's a difference between nationalism on cultural and/or ethnic lines and supremacy of one group over another by means of violence isn't there?

Yes, it sounds like most of your comments. Emotive and stirring nonsense with absolutely no suggestions of your own...just empty words. The greeks had a word for people like you who engaged philosophers in gymnasiums with no counter argument - you can look it up.

Cultures influencing each other is not the same as mass immigration. China and Japan have been positively and heavily influenced by Western culture - without the need to add 10% of their population with Westerners in less than a century. Same with India and many other countries. The West was heavily influenced by China from the 10th Century until the 13th resulting in the agricultural revolution which in turn allowed us to focus on art and science again instead of subsistence farming...yet no Chinese people even set foot in Europe in any significant number.

Exchanges of music, words, food, some mixed marriages, working overseas, political and social ideas are normal, healthy and expected and good. Adding 10% of the population from overseas with no regard as to whether they will be able to assimilate easily or quickly and if there will be social problems resulting from this is not expected...but it's happening. Still we must not speak out - otherwise we're being hysterical aren't we?

Yes, let's just keep quiet and watch the population transfer continue shall we - it's all good. After all we have been enriched with more backwards religions demanding we punish people who insult their beliefs - something we began to do away with in the Englightenment.

We have wonderful cultural exchanges like honour killings, increased gang crime divided along ethnic and religious lines. We have children in our schools who can barely speak English (you know, our national language). We have people growing up under parallel cultures and legal systems, we have terribly inhumane methods of animal slaughter and we have ghettos drawn up on racial and religious lines you can visit and forget which country you are in. My oh my haven't we benefited greatly from this grand social experiment? Let's not ask foreigners to assimilate because we need the things that made their countries places they felt they had to leave to come to ours for in the first place.

You know it's bad when many of the immigrants are wondering why the country they came to is becoming something they left behind for a better life.

N.
Busy at work for about the next ten days... you keep going on about my lack of suggestions... are you not enjoying this as much as I am? Are you not aware that you are being much more precise with your arguments?

And another thing, I thought we had dealt with the 'children not assimilating' argument. Have we not agreed that it takes a bit of time to pick up a new language etc?

Just for the record, I would move to a city without any muslims in it if I could, but then that would probably mean it was a redneck city.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 8:06 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Busy at work for about the next ten days... you keep going on about my lack of suggestions... are you not enjoying this as much as I am? Are you not aware that you are being much more precise with your arguments?

And another thing, I thought we had dealt with the 'children not assimilating' argument. Have we not agreed that it takes a bit of time to pick up a new language etc?

Just for the record, I would move to a city without any muslims in it if I could, but then that would probably mean it was a redneck city.
Careful now - you're starting to sound like me. I'd call you racist but Muslims aren't a race and I'd probably live in the same city (which could be African, European, Asian, mixed or whatever and still be Muslim and redneck free).

And for the record, you don't need Muslims to make a place cosmopolitan and interesting...the world has a lot more to offer than one particular expression of antiquated Semitic religious arrogance, intolerance and cultural imperialism.

N.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Careful now - you're starting to sound like me. I'd call you racist but Muslims aren't a race and I'd probably live in the same city (which could be African, European, Asian, mixed or whatever and still be Muslim and redneck free).

And for the record, you don't need Muslims to make a place cosmopolitan and interesting...the world has a lot more to offer than one particular expression of antiquated Semitic religious arrogance, intolerance and cultural imperialism.

N.
I woke up this morning after having an arguement with a religious person in my dream.