U.K Tram incident

Old Dec 6th 2011, 11:06 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Cow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really nice
Default Re: U.K Tram incident

Originally Posted by lullabelle
Everything you have said on this post and all your other posts on this subject, is bang on. I grew up on total shithole estates surrounded by scum like the tram racist. They knew how to work the system - most never had any intention of getting a job, holding a job down, slogging to make their way in life like my cleaner granny and my brickie grandad (who left the UK to work in Africa after the war as there was no work in Dundee... yup, he went to another country to make sure his wife and young child didn't starve)

Yet these same people would be the first to blame their many real and imagined problems on immigrants. Harassing the indian guy running the local grocery shop (or attacking it - fogetting that whenever they trashed it there was nowhere nearby to buy their fags and half bottles of cheap vodka) drunkenly slagging off the bus conductor. On and on and on... its the immigrant's fault they live in a crappy council flat, have no money, drink themselves into oblivion every night (oooh, look, money to do THAT), etc as if they had been poised for greatness before all those brown people came and stole their thunder.

Both my parents were community workers trying to make a difference with the kids of these slummy gits. Sometimes they did, more often than not they were fighting a losing battle from a home education that mainly featured bigoted indoctrination and violence.

I don't know what the answer is to get out of that particular poverty cycle. I do know that there are people who don't want help, don't care about their
kids, will never work unless forced. How are they doing anything that makes Britain Great? This isn't a new class of scum, they've been around for years.
Bravo lullabelle, bravo.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

londonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant future

How is what you are saying about these people significantly different from what the woman on the tram said about immigrants?

You are using inflammatory language and demonising a group of people, only the target is different

Originally Posted by lullabelle
Everything you have said on this post and all your other posts on this subject, is bang on. I grew up on total shithole estates surrounded by scum like the tram racist. They knew how to work the system - most never had any intention of getting a job, holding a job down, slogging to make their way in life like my cleaner granny and my brickie grandad (who left the UK to work in Africa after the war as there was no work in Dundee... yup, he went to another country to make sure his wife and young child didn't starve)

Yet these same people would be the first to blame their many real and imagined problems on immigrants. Harassing the indian guy running the local grocery shop (or attacking it - fogetting that whenever they trashed it there was nowhere nearby to buy their fags and half bottles of cheap vodka) drunkenly slagging off the bus conductor. On and on and on... its the immigrant's fault they live in a crappy council flat, have no money, drink themselves into oblivion every night (oooh, look, money to do THAT), etc as if they had been poised for greatness before all those brown people came and stole their thunder.

Both my parents were community workers trying to make a difference with the kids of these slummy gits. Sometimes they did, more often than not they were fighting a losing battle from a home education that mainly featured bigoted indoctrination and violence.

I don't know what the answer is to get out of that particular poverty cycle. I do know that there are people who don't want help, don't care about their
kids, will never work unless forced. How are they doing anything that makes Britain Great? This isn't a new class of scum, they've been around for years.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 11:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by londonyvonne
How is what you are saying about these people significantly different from what the woman on the tram said about immigrants?

You are using inflammatory language and demonising a group of people, only the target is different
I suggest reading the post again.

It highlights the issue with Brits not wanting to work, not being bothered and preferring a life on benefits.

There is truth in the fact that people do go to Britain for the cushy benefit systems, there is truth in the fact that people in Britain live an entire life on it.

BUT, there is certainly truth in the fact as was mentioned, that people CAN escape that cycle of Mum and Dad on benefits and kids wanting to follow suit... People CAN go and get work, it might be shit but it's work.

If I was redundant in the UK, searching for work, I'd rather do so whilst stacking shelves at Tesco's through the night than sit and be a benefits statistic.

None of that has any relevance to whether your Black, White, Yellow, Pink, Orange, British, Indian, Afghani or whatever. YOU make your opportunities and YOU can change where you end up. Relying on the state is an easy option for too many.....where else in the world is it better to be on benefits than to work 40 hours a week on a low wage?
Old Dec 6th 2011, 11:20 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Cow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scamp

It highlights the issue with Brits not wanting to work, not being bothered and preferring a life on benefits.

There is truth in the fact that people do go to Britain for the cushy benefit systems, there is truth in the fact that people in Britain live an entire life on it.

BUT, there is certainly truth in the fact as was mentioned, that people CAN escape that cycle of Mum and Dad on benefits and kids wanting to follow suit... People CAN go and get work, it might be shit but it's work.

If I was redundant in the UK, searching for work, I'd rather do so whilst stacking shelves at Tesco's through the night than sit and be a benefits statistic.

None of that has any relevance to whether your Black, White, Yellow, Pink, Orange, British, Indian, Afghani or whatever. YOU make your opportunities and YOU can change where you end up. Relying on the state is an easy option for too many.....where else in the world is it better to be on benefits than to work 40 hours a week on a low wage?
Old Dec 6th 2011, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scamp

Just a couple of questions.
A: Do you realize the benefits system in the UK is far from as cushy as many of its European neighbours?
B: Have you tried applying for a job stacking shelves in Tesco's with a graduate or post graduate degree and years of experience in your specific field?

The reason I ask is, unless you have kids or you are unable to work for health reasons, the benefits you get are quite miniscule. I appreciate that there are people who are able to milk it and think its a viable solution to living.

And my second question is one I think is quite pertinent, particularly to certain sectors having as high as 30% if not more, levels of unemployment. Trying to find work in sectors like food retail which seem to have gone generally unaffected by the economic woes can prove difficult yet, as they take one look at your CV and form the opinion you may not be staying around for too long and a waste of their time. Anyway..

But I do agree, I'd rather be doing anything but sit around and receive benefits.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

The powers that be would love to read this thread and then just rub their hands together in glee. Most are missing the point , it's the system that's raped the U.K and it's people of it's will to work and it's dignity.

The system is at breaking point for all U.K citizens and everyone hates someone as everyone has something to lose , whether it's pensions , pints or a free lunch at The Groucho Club.

There is also something deeply malicious in the heart of the Tory mindset and you can see it every time Cameron, Osborne, Gove, Hague or one of the other government gargoyles open their mouths. The world is out to get them; the do-gooders, the ‘liberals,’ the unions, the Iranians, the gypsies ,Germans, the benefit cheats, the single mums, the gays, the ecologists, the hoodies, the rioters, the tree huggers, the lentil munchers, all determined to stop their fun and take away their poxy little slice of GDP.

The worlds not black and white so dont get mugged into their thought train , remember they don't want you to think and to be different they just want you in their perverted fu**ed up system as you're the fuel that makes the fire burn .

If you attack each other you don't attack them

Last edited by co durham boy; Dec 6th 2011 at 1:49 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

It is all really quite simple. Most British people (English, Welsh, Scots and to a lesser extent, Northern Irish) will eventually decide it is time to leave.

They will sell their homes at vastly inflated prices and move to some other part of the world, leaving behind a population of lazy good for nothing British chavs like this woman whom earns more from sitting on her arse than she would from going to work, as well as the ex-British colonies whom have gone to the UK for a better life for their children.

Mixed with the Eastern Europeans, the country will become a true multi-cultural community as was dreamed of by the Labourites, left wingers and other liberal do-gooders.

Unfortunately, the tax base will have vanished along with the hard-working, law-abiding, indigent Britons and so the country will fall into decay just like the rest of the third world.

Once the tax base has dried up and the "working" Brits have all left the UK, who will provide the revenues to maintain the Social Services, NHS, Schools and Law and Order ?

The present mass-migration from the overcrowded East to the West is the biggest in human history and will result in the breakdown of civilization as we know it unless something is done to put a stop to it. We really must decide whether we want to preserve our way of life or not. Allowing the status quo is not an option.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonyvonne
Pull yourselves up by your bootstraps and don't bother me - isn't that exactly what you and others are saying about those at the bottom of the pile in the UK?

My point is that the people at the bottom of the pile in the UK should be supported. Almost everybody has some talent, it's a case of finding it. So what if it takes time? And before you ask, I include everyone there

My second point is that most people would rather not emigrate and leave everything they are familiar with behind. How many British ex pats would there be in the Middle East if you could earn the same salary and benefits at home? How many "maids" and "cleaners" and "drivers" and "labourers" are working there at a fraction of the money you earn? Why the difference in income levels?

And my third point is that the brain drain from poorer countries slows down the emergence of a middle class and economic, cultural and political development there. My vision is of a world where all countries and people are equal and human beings are valued as human beings

QUOTE=seven seas;9770846]oh how caring of you. While you 'do your bit' by recognising as hard as you can (don't strain yourself), other people prefer a different approach. This approach is characterised by incorporating active verbs such as do, help, give, protect, contribute, shelter and share, rather than an approach of stative verbs such as recognise and pray and hope.

For all the abstract front it's got, this just boils down to : pull yourself up by the bootstraps and don't bother me. It's my ball and I don't want to share.

If you were really that anxious about sharing equally, you'd be welcoming the least able and talented from less-developed countries like Albania for example.
[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with everything up there, apart from : The British should be Britain's first priority just as for example the Chinese should be China's first priority.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 4:17 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I actually agree with everything up there, apart from : The British should be Britain's first priority just as for example the Chinese should be China's first priority.[/QUOTE]

Trouble is we don't know who the British are anymore after 40 years of mass immigration and social experiments on culture. There's no benchmark for British culture...a lot of people don't even know what British culture is or are afraid to define it because it's rather "white" and not in line with most ethnic minorities.

Now go to China and ask them what Chinese culture is - they don't have this problem because so far they are smart enough to absorb/integrate/assimilate their immigrants (like they did with the Mongols)...or kick them out if they won't (like us, the Japs etc). To be fair their immigrants were invaders...ours have been invited.

N.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 4:24 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
There's more to "incentive" than money. What about personal ambition? Fulfilment? A sense of worth? A sense of belonging? Pride?

Good lord, I can hardly imagine how a human being could not possess any of that... how lacking and unfulfilled their lives must be, and with absolutely no hope of any change. Of course, there are people out there like that, but they truly have no hope then, no outlook, no... nothing to look forward to. Ever.

Gosh.

If I were on a low income, I would be doing every course under the sun... they'd probably try to kick me out... but I guess that's why I'm here, doing what I do and not sat eating crisps on my sofa watching daytime TV day in day out.
Not all people on the dole lack these things. But years of failure to stimulate jobs and bringing in immigrants to do the low paid work that wouldn't be so low paid if locals were forced to do it hasn't help.

There's no one thing to blame but keeping people poor won't help the majority of people who don't have the pride, culture and home and family life to strive for more by honest work.

But if those benefits were taken away people would have no choice but to work in whatever they can find or turn to crime and go to jail...

N.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas
don't forget HK- right whingers are adamant about the fact that the poor are very comfortable as they are and prefer to remain reliant on handouts. Personal fulfilment and ambition etc are not a part of this equation. Just like how homeless people prefer to remain homeless, another one of their favourite myths.
I'm a right winger as you put it and don't agree that all poor people are happy to stay on handouts or that all homeless people want to stay homeless.

But there are many who do prefer it...no denying that. I think the symptoms are often caused by the way the solutions have been administered. Handouts should come at a price (community service etc) and should only be unlimited to the very old and disabled.

The only truth is that people value things more when they earn them than when they are given for free.

N.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas
Why not answer your questions, and leave Yvonne's alone? Or do you also think single women are not that smart?
BTW the right answer is something along the lines of: that's an awful idea and it would be a disgusting thing to do.
Says the man who was happy to jump in on other threads

Leave single women out of it - it wasn't mentioned. I thought we were past attempted character assassinations?

N.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 6:39 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
The powers that be would love to read this thread and then just rub their hands together in glee. Most are missing the point , it's the system that's raped the U.K and it's people of it's will to work and it's dignity.

The system is at breaking point for all U.K citizens and everyone hates someone as everyone has something to lose , whether it's pensions , pints or a free lunch at The Groucho Club.

There is also something deeply malicious in the heart of the Tory mindset and you can see it every time Cameron, Osborne, Gove, Hague or one of the other government gargoyles open their mouths. The world is out to get them; the do-gooders, the ‘liberals,’ the unions, the Iranians, the gypsies ,Germans, the benefit cheats, the single mums, the gays, the ecologists, the hoodies, the rioters, the tree huggers, the lentil munchers, all determined to stop their fun and take away their poxy little slice of GDP.

The worlds not black and white so dont get mugged into their thought train , remember they don't want you to think and to be different they just want you in their perverted fu**ed up system as you're the fuel that makes the fire burn .

This.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

londonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant futurelondonyvonne has a brilliant future

Nice

Originally Posted by co durham boy

Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:02 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cist-rant.html

No mention about the child but the article does mention a partner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.