Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Two farts in today's Daily Fail

Two farts in today's Daily Fail

Old Dec 15th 2012, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two farts in today's Daily Fail

Originally Posted by britexpat76
An Army tradition that everyone around the world knows and see's is different to the tradition of killing a goat by hand for Eid in the Middle East.

The queens guards wear a Bearskin, end of.
Why are they so different? They sound equally stupid.

Actually it's not "end of". They've gone and changed the hoary old tradition, so you can kiss it goodbye. Now that's End Of.
Old Dec 15th 2012, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Yeah, but the armed forces are a bit older than 12 aren't they...
Yes they are- and they've proved it by not being childish enough to cry about a silly old hat.

I musty state my contrarian position anyway: If someone's foolish enough to complain about not being let in, then he deserves to be in it. Same goes for gays in the army.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 5:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by seven seas
I musty state my contrarian position anyway: If someone's foolish enough to complain about not being let in, then he deserves to be in it. Same goes for gays in the army.
Not sure if that makes perfect sense, or none whatsoever.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

If the army wouldn't have me because of some perceived limp-wristedness, then I'd be the first to celebrate that.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

They may have formed part of the imperial forces through history but they weren't very trustworthy at times were they

Many were happy to swap allegiance at the drop of a hat

It was the Muslim divisions who showed loyalty during England's greatest hours of need and the price for that loyalty was Pakistan and a ticket to the Uk.