Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Two farts in today's Daily Fail

Two farts in today's Daily Fail

Old Dec 12th 2012, 7:22 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Two farts in today's Daily Fail

Two farts in today's Daily Fail-fart-1.jpg

Two farts in today's Daily Fail-fart-2.jpg
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:02 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two farts in today's Daily Fail

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
What do you reckon about the chap not having to wear a bearskin?
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:07 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
What do you reckon about the chap not having to wear a bearskin?
Tricky one, it is a uniform, and the whole point of uniforms is that the wearers era, erm... Uniform.

Just another erosion of what it means to be English.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:10 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix View Post
Tricky one, it is a uniform, and the whole point of uniforms is that the wearers era, erm... Uniform.

Just another erosion of what it means to be English.
I agree. I see it as his problem, not the Royal Horseguards (I think that's the correct bunch?)

He knew what the uniform was before he wanted to be in it.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:12 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

I agree. I see it as his problem, not the Royal Horseguards (I think that's the correct bunch?)

**** me, Scamp agrees with me!
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:14 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree, there are shit loads more units he could join. Just out of interest, If a sikh goes into battle do they not have to wear kevlar helmets?
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously guys, Sikhs have fought for and alongside the british army for decades, just because they wear a turban it does not stop their ability to serve. For years Sikh members of the army have been allowed to wear their turbans and this has been perfectly acceptable. Why should it be questioned now? There is a long line of history between Sikhs and the British Empire. Show a bit of respect guys. I believe the BNP has their own website you can join.

http://bfbs.com/news/england/sikh-so...uty-62267.html

Last edited by kittycat1; Dec 12th 2012 at 8:28 am.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:33 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
Seriously guys, Sikhs have fought for and alongside the british army for decades, just because they wear a turban it does not stop their ability to serve. For years Sikh members of the army have been allowed to wear their turbans and this has been perfectly acceptable. Why should it be questioned now? There is a long line of history between Sikhs and the British Empire. Show a bit of respect guys. I believe the BNP has their own website you can join.

What has the BNP got to do with it? I just don't agree with breaking tradition and asked a simple question. Personally I wouldn't want to be popping my head up in helmand province without the little protection a proper kevlar helmet offers.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Brit- to be honest it wasnt your comment that riled me but as you've started now;

What so by traditional you mean have a short back and sides? Britain is a melting pot of cultures. If he was the worlds best soldier and deserved to serve in the horseguards you would stop his because of his religion? If the queen doesnt have a problem with it I don't see why anyone else should.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:42 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

I've no problem with him being a guard, at least he's willing fight for this country as have many other Sikhs.
But he does look out of place in that turban, by all accounts other Sikhs have said its fine to wear a bear skin over it.
Also, there are many Sikhs in the Army and the Army has a policy that they are allowed to wear their turbans until it becomes a safety issue and I'm sure none will refuse to remove his turban to wear his helmet or respirator.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:43 am
WWLLCJD?

Woah woah woah.

No problems with someone wanting to do something and be part of it. But there is a uniform for a reason, so everyone is the same.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:46 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

They sikh him here, they sikh him there. Great in combat roles as you can never find them.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:49 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Clarkson looks a right pratt
Old Dec 12th 2012, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why should he have to join a seperate division because he wears a turban. Personally I think it's great, Britain is such a mix of cultures, you have to adapt to changing times. The tradition is still there just being adapted for a changing culture.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 9:05 am
WWLLCJD?

Why should he have to join a seperate division because he wears a turban. Personally I think it's great, Britain is such a mix of cultures, you have to adapt to changing times. The tradition is still there just being adapted for a changing culture.
Because that is the uniform.

Does he still wear his knife (don't know the name) on his waist when on duty?

This isn't about him being a Sikh or not. It's about changing the rules for one person, it's spineless.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.