Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Twitter, Facebook and internet social networks

Twitter, Facebook and internet social networks

Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:58 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Twitter, Facebook and internet social networks

well Jennifer Aniston has dumped her boyfriend cos he spent too much time on twitter blogging, saying he couldnt see her cos he was too busy...what a mug !

Id happily give up BE if I had a chance with her !!

The discussion on Sky News was 'are real life relationships affected by the internet ?'

Examples were.... when someone realises they have been dumped cos the person they are seeing changes their relationship status on Facebook, or old girlfriends or boyfriends get in touch (Friends Reunited or Facebook etc)and which can out a strain on a relationship.....

So, does or can your BE'ing, Facebooking etc put a strain on your relationship ??
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:42 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Twitter, Facebook and internet social networks

Originally Posted by BangleMan
well Jennifer Aniston has dumped her boyfriend cos he spent too much time on twitter blogging, saying he couldnt see her cos he was too busy...what a mug !

Id happily give up BE if I had a chance with her !!

The discussion on Sky News was 'are real life relationships affected by the internet ?'

Examples were.... when someone realises they have been dumped cos the person they are seeing changes their relationship status on Facebook, or old girlfriends or boyfriends get in touch (Friends Reunited or Facebook etc)and which can out a strain on a relationship.....

So, does or can your BE'ing, Facebooking etc put a strain on your relationship ??
it can do indeed, I spoke to a divorce lawyer back home who said 70% of his divorces now are all due to facebook, people getting in touch with old flames from school / work etc, people flirting or putting stuff on peoples walls and not realising everyone can see it etc...
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:49 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
it can do indeed, I spoke to a divorce lawyer back home who said 70% of his divorces now are all due to facebook, people getting in touch with old flames from school / work etc, people flirting or putting stuff on peoples walls and not realising everyone can see it etc...
It was bad enough with Friends Reunited as you could search for girls you used to know by the 'maiden name', am not sure if you can do that on Facebook.....let me know !!

I do know a couple who got divorced as a result of Friends Reunited, as he looked up some bird he went out with he was 17, and they started having an affair, got found out and all hell broke loose.......mind you she was a bit of a sort compared to his missus to be fair .....lol
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

These days, 8 in 5 marriages end up with a divorce because of internet/FB/MSN/cybersex...
Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

yep you can search by maiden name but it'll still show up as their new name when you see the results.

I can totally believe it though... i never realised quite how much time I spent on the internet until the past week when i've been surviving with a very temperamental connection supplied by someone called Raj who forgot to password protect his wireless, saying that though I'm an online marketer so at least i have an excuse to be on social networks all day... i think i would have been much happier having JA here this week than worrying if my borrowed connection was working or not.