Trying to find....

Old May 25th 2008, 10:13 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trying to find....

Originally Posted by MataHari
what do you want it for...

I've been told the view at the top of this road to the coast is fantastic and I want to go and see semothing that isn't a building or a sand dune!
Old May 25th 2008, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
I've been told the view at the top of this road to the coast is fantastic and I want to go and see semothing that isn't a building or a sand dune!
so why don't you ask the person who told you about it how to get there, lol...

MM, xx
Old May 25th 2008, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

then have a drive up to Jebel Hafeet. 1.5 hours from Dubai.

Old May 25th 2008, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
that would be too easy wouldnt it!
Old May 25th 2008, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx

It was a customer and I can't remember which one!
Old May 25th 2008, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Thats my other option, I knew where that one was though!
Old May 25th 2008, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Thats my other option, I knew where that one was though!
It will be an entertaining drive up and down the mountain. I took it easy because I had the Mrs in the car but you can see that plenty of people havnt because the wall is covered in marks where cars have hit it. When I went there was a Landcruiser that had hit the wall. Front end was completely smahed in and the occupents were being loaded into an ambulance. Lucky for them the small wall is very strong!
Old May 25th 2008, 10:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Coxy there are some pretty good books you can buy on going off road etc in Dubai, I can't remember the name of the one that my Dad has got but it is excellent, got some great road routes in it.
Old May 25th 2008, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Why not try the drive out to Wadi Beh / Mussandum if you want a change of scenery?

BTW, had a brief look on Google Earth. The only place that jumps out as matching that description is the Al Mamzar side of Sharjah Creek

25°18'58.69"N

55°21'41.91"E

No idea if that road used to be private????
Old May 25th 2008, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Why not try the drive out to Wadi Beh / Mussandum if you want a change of scenery?

BTW, had a brief look on Google Earth. The only place that jumps out as matching that description is the Al Mamzar side of Sharjah Creek

25°18'58.69"N

55°21'41.91"E

No idea if that road used to be private????
As far as I was told, if heading to Sharjah on the Emirates, it's on the right after the main turn for Sharjah. Only one sign though so if you miss it, you miss it.
Old May 25th 2008, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I was told, if heading to Sharjah on the Emirates, it's on the right after the main turn for Sharjah. Only one sign though so if you miss it, you miss it.
Sorry, mate, doesn't compute - the Emirates Road is far inland, and if you turn right off of it then you head further inland. Can't see anything on Google Earth that matches the description .
Old May 25th 2008, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry, mate, doesn't compute - the Emirates Road is far inland, and if you turn right off of it then you head further inland. Can't see anything on Google Earth that matches the description .
maybe you turn right and keep going until you get to the Indian Ocean, nice coastline up there.
Old May 25th 2008, 11:06 am

Thats what I thought, have to have a hunt.
Old May 25th 2008, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Coxy there are some pretty good books you can buy on going off road etc in Dubai, I can't remember the name of the one that my Dad has got but it is excellent, got some great road routes in it.
not much use in a Dodge Charger though.