British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   True or False? You can be the jury.......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/true-false-you-can-jury-710904/)

The Dean Mar 26th 2011 6:56 am

True or False? You can be the jury..........

Leaving aside the inconsistencies in the story (a 6-and-9 age gap later becomes 42-and-47), it all seems a bit unlikely to me............... :unsure:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/love-s...ifestyles.html

kittycat1 Mar 26th 2011 7:11 am

Re: True or False? You can be the jury..........

Obviously written by a drunk journo, or bullshit, but stranger things have happened!

My gran met her old next door neighbour on a flight to new zealand 60 odd years after living next door to each other, and they where sat next to each other- nattered the whole way there and stayed in touch until my grans friend passed away. The worlds a small place!

If it is true Im glad they worked it out before they copped off with each other!

nottmbantam Mar 26th 2011 7:24 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9265397)
Obviously written by a drunk journo, or bullshit, but stranger things have happened!

My gran met her old next door neighbour on a flight to new zealand 60 odd years after living next door to each other, and they where sat next to each other- nattered the whole way there and stayed in touch until my grans friend passed away. The worlds a small place!

If it is true Im glad they worked it out before they copped off with each other!

Imagine if they only worked it out the 'morning after'. Oh deary me.

kittycat1 Mar 26th 2011 7:29 am

Imagine if they did and then they where like oh god we just broke the law- noone will understand- ok we'll just lie and tell everyone we worked it out before hand!

weasel central Mar 26th 2011 8:02 am

some of the comments under the story are interesting....

one guy was wondering if he had a tug thinking about her before they met :blink:

i can't see how it is a good advertisement for a website basically promoting a bit of no strings sex, if there is a chance of inadvertantly humping a relative of yours :huh:

Pomster Mar 29th 2011 10:35 am

surely for her, his surname must have been mentioned.
After all it was hers until she got married and is not a common one?

Meow Mar 29th 2011 10:47 am

The best bit of this type of thing is usually the comments from utter morons underneath. No exception here, although has someone edited out comments about potential incest?

If you had a brother called George Bentley and met a man with the exact same name, isn't it the very first thing you'd remark upon?

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 29th 2011 11:34 am

I want to know how or why William Hill came up with odds for that of 500 million to one.

Boomhauer Mar 29th 2011 11:36 am

Well it's odds really, even the infinitesimally small chance of an occurance is bound to happen to someone somewhere. But as Meow says with the chap's 1st and last name, she must have known .

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 29th 2011 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 9271561)
Well it's odds really, even the infinitesimally small chance of an occurance is bound to happen to someone somewhere. But as Meow says with the chap's 1st and last name, she must have known .

I understand that but where do you pluck that figure from? Why isn't it 543 million to one.

It's just rubbish.

Boomhauer Mar 29th 2011 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9271577)
I understand that but where do you pluck that figure from? Why isn't it 543 million to one.

It's just rubbish.

I don't know where they got the figure from and have no idea on its accuracy. The comment on odds was taking into consideration the population of the UK.