Trolling as an 'art'

Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:05 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trolling as an 'art'

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/78...makes-her-case

"Jaime Cochran is a 20-something professional living in Chicago. She works all day on a computer, but her real labour, the one she loves, is hated around the world.

Cochran is a self-identified troll. She trawls the internet day and night, looking for "victims" - emotional strangers Cochran deems ripe and right for a ripping.

When she's spied one - in a chat-room, forum or social media group - she casts out "lines with trivial bait" and reels them in, hurling insults, inciting their rage and taking great pleasure in their mounting fury.

It sounds cruel. Trolling in the eyes of many is a deeply disturbing and sinister occupation. But Cochran insists there's method to her meanness. She declares herself a performance artist, compares herself to Andy Kaufman, and describes her trolling as "more cerebral than abrasive". According to this young troll, she's out for scalps, not souls.

"First and foremost, to me, trolling is an art," Cochran begins to explain. "It's a way of evoking a reaction."

Young, employed and articulate, in many ways Cochran debunks popular stereotypes about trolls. She is no teenage boy, fuelled by foul energy drinks and hormones pushing bile into the cyberspace from the darkness of his bedroom. But she is gleeful when her trolling incites rage. She feels good when being bad.

"[Trolling] might be something as banal as insisting men who drink their coffee black aren't real men, because they can't handle the cream and sugar," she says. "
and more

She's a nasty young woman and clearly a sociopath. the film clip shows her cold, dead eyes and lack of warmth or compassion.

"If I've offended people, then they should take a long hard look at themselves, because what I do is harmless fun. If I've really offended people, it's probably because they deserved it and that's their own fault."
Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:23 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trolling as an 'art'

Why do you keep posting these articles? they are total shit.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:59 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral View Post
Why do you keep posting these articles? they are total shit.
Keep posting? What on earth are you on about? Some people find such things interesting, as there is actually more to life than drinking and shagging...

And you aren't obliged to read anything on here that you don't want to.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

I love a good troll. It let's the average internet user have a laugh at other people getting wound up.

I like our American friend, he just keeps coming back and that's some commitment. How many incarnations for him/her/it now?
Old Oct 16th 2012, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983 View Post
I like our American friend, he just keeps coming back and that's some commitment. How many incarnations for him/her/it now?
Lost count but he/she/it isn't fun for the mods who have to clean up after it.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 3:31 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Keep posting? What on earth are you on about? Some people find such things interesting, as there is actually more to life than drinking and shagging...

Whoooooooosh
Old Oct 16th 2012, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Got her!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Actually, this popped up yesterday and read by the wrong people could be an open invitation to go out and do harm, harm to others, and harm to their future freedom/life: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture...sonal-hygiene/
Old Oct 16th 2012, 5:11 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares View Post
Got her!
Yup.

Hook, line, and sinker!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

I think the fact that the article says she is articulate is quite amusing.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:57 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Some people find such things interesting, as there is actually more to life than drinking and shagging...
I do find that work keeps getting in the way.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 11:11 am
Bored liberal

Was that supposed to be Weasel Central's attempt at trolling? Piss poor.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 12:45 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Was that supposed to be Weasel Central's attempt at trolling? Piss poor.
Got ya though
Old Oct 18th 2012, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Alot of trolling begins in a place covered by rules 1 and 2 of the internet, watching as they plot a grand troll can be utterly amusing and completely confusing to an outsider. When they come back with screendumps of results, hilarity ensues.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Summers Eve View Post
Its really bad when you start trolling people in real life. The guy at the gas station or the check out girl at the super market..I put some black n brown hillbilly teeth in on my last flight and when the flight attendant asked me if I wanted a drink I said "well I don't mind if I do" and I could see her reel back when she saw my Billy Bob choppers...I left them in the entire flight

I never came out of character- I could see em talkin about me.

funny
Trolling irl is no new phenomenon, posting videos of it on youtube or even having youtube videos posted in response is a relatively new phenomenon though. Some gold to be found.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.