Trinations rugby

Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Shabroon has a brilliant futureShabroon has a brilliant futureShabroon has a brilliant futureShabroon has a brilliant futureShabroon has a brilliant futureShabroon has a brilliant future
Default Trinations rugby

Anyone know where the Bledisloe Cup rugby game will be shown in AD at 2pm this Saturday? Heroes and NRG both open at 7pm because of Ramadan.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trinations rugby

As this is British Expats.com, you can probably understand why nobody here seems to know what on earth you are talking about.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Shabroon has a brilliant futureShabroon has a brilliant futureShabroon has a brilliant futureShabroon has a brilliant futureShabroon has a brilliant futureShabroon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Shadya
As this is British Expats.com, you can probably understand why nobody here seems to know what on earth you are talking about.
I thought there might be a few rugby fans among you, and that you're not exclusively Brits...
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:35 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

On whose behalf are you opineing Shadya?

You don't subscribe to the 'world is flat' theory perchancity dear?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

scarletfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shabroon
I thought there might be a few rugby fans among you, and that you're not exclusively Brits...
There are plenty of rugby fans here in Dubai, although not too sure about AD. As far as I am aware, all the bars in Dubai are shut during Ramadan, and AD is probably the same. Seems the only option is to watch it in your humble abode on Show Sports 3, which is what I will be doing! 2pm. Predictions for the title this year??

Last edited by scarletfan; Sep 11th 2008 at 2:44 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

On the contrary. Avid rugby supporters from both Northern and Southern hemisphere understand the question!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Scarletfan. Good to hear there are some rugby fans amidst the Brit ranks.
Really hard to predict this year, as you'd probably know. At the risk of invoking a terrible rugby cliche, it depends on which team comes to play since form has varied wildly. And it is, of course, a game of two halves...
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Scarletfan. Good to hear there are some rugby fans amidst the Brit ranks.
Really hard to predict this year, as you'd probably know. At the risk of invoking a terrible rugby cliche, it depends on which team comes to play since form has varied wildly. And it is, of course, a game of two halves...
Agreed, although my tip is the wallabies, particularly after the stuffing from the Boks. Kiwis, as usual to buckle when the pressure is on!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scarletfan
Agreed, although my tip is the wallabies, particularly after the stuffing from the Boks. Kiwis, as usual to buckle when the pressure is on!
We have got a reputation for choking, that's certain. If it was the RWC, I'd say the ABs were dog tucker for sure.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:34 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

We have got a reputation for choking, that's certain. If it was the RWC, I'd say the ABs were dog tucker for sure.
I'd put money on them bucking the trend. They'll be fired up for sure.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

If any of you trinations fans are in AbDab, I think we're meeting in Hemingway's in the Hilton. All welcome. Even you, Shadya.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:34 am
Just Joined

If any of you trinations fans are in AbDab, I think we're meeting in Hemingway's in the Hilton. All welcome. Even you, Shadya.
And an amusing -- and unusual -- afternoon was had by all: http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4692478a24035.html
Incidentally, Pine Tree Meads is hosting a Bledisloe Cup match function in Dubai on November 1.