Tricky Situations

Old Jan 26th 2018, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tricky Situations

We had a designated driver whilst visiting Nigeria( potential job with Shell).

We were stopped by 4 men with AK 47s and they are pointing them at us, our driver tells us to say nothing and give them what they want.
They ended up emptying my bag on the floor and finding a Sony Discman,he pressed play and The spice girls boomed out (it was a Now thats what I call music CD), the guy with the gun started grinning..took the discman, our money etc and waved us on...

No, my husband didnt take the job and yes! The spice girls saved our lives.😁
Old Jan 28th 2018, 4:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Tricky Situations

Nearly got turned over in Hanoi late one night, fortunately the guy who approached us did so as we were stood at the hotel doors waiting for them to be unlocked. As soon as they clicked open, the guy inside actually took the mrs by the hand and pulled her in, bloke who'd approached us sprinted.
We asked the guy what would have happened, he shrugged and said probably just take your money but sometimes stab you and take your money. Cool.

Got close to something I didn't like in Sri Lanka, illegal cab from the airport, guy who spoke to us was going to ride too, then they got an extra couple of bags put in the car, we were told to wait for a few minutes. I kicked off, got her out the car, got the case and walked off arguing with the guy. As soon as I got near a cop he legged it and they disappeared.

There's definitely more, I have had a few random situations that could have gone badly but generally trust my gut very quickly and will leave the situation, especially with the mrs. Nothing too dramatic thankfully.