Triathlon..

Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:40 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Triathlon..

This weekend we had the first Abu Dhabi International Triathlon. It was a great sucess and was well supported both by competitors and marshalls.

What was great to see was the diversity of abilities of people taking part, from the Pro's to the age groupers and also the 'special needs' athletes.

It is a great sport that gives you an all over workout between the 3 disciplines.

Anyone interested in taking up this sport, regardless of thier fitness levels, give me a shout and ill put you in contact with the right people.

It is without a doubt the best thing i have done since moving here.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Triathlon..

Originally Posted by commander
This weekend we had the first Abu Dhabi International Triathlon. It was a great sucess and was well supported both by competitors and marshalls.

What was great to see was the diversity of abilities of people taking part, from the Pro's to the age groupers and also the 'special needs' athletes.

It is a great sport that gives you an all over workout between the 3 disciplines.

Anyone interested in taking up this sport, regardless of thier fitness levels, give me a shout and ill put you in contact with the right people.

Thanks for the report. Meanwhile, we are still waiting for Spugsy's report on the seven-a-side footy. I know that Celtic beat AC Milan in the final but what else happened.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:45 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Thanks for the report. Meanwhile, we are still waiting for Spugsy's report on the seven-a-side footy. I know that Celtic beat AC Milan in the final but what else happened.
who gives a toss, answer that in the footy thread.

you fancy taking up triathlon LH, i will help you..
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

who gives a toss, answer that in the footy thread. you fancy taking up triathlon LH, i will help you..
I have no idea what a triathon involves, so no thanks...and I thought you were talking about another local participatory event just like Spugsy's footy.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:56 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

A triathlon is 3 chocolate bars melted together.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 2:41 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
WEll it was well organised, I only saw a couple of games as I was playing or watching mates play, it was ROASTING as well and being a typical Englishman I have the worst sunburn, in fact the skin is peeling on my heed and is incredibly sore.

DiCanio was magic, Baresi just strolled around and Kerry Dixon was rubbish and David May looks about 50 now and all puffy.

Oh and they were selling proper bacon sarnies. Gerrin.

* END OF REPORT *
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I did a sprint triathalon once - Jebel Ali 2006.....it was the hardest f'n thing I reckon i've ever done......mainly due the swimming part which i'm rubbish at.
It was much harder than a marathon.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree with the organization. There was chaos trying to get into Emirates Palace early on Sat morning for the swim. The Police were arrogant and would not listen. I know of numerous competitors that were not allowed to go through. The helicopter filming the swim was way too low (tipped me out of my kayak twice) and was pushing the elite swimmers back while he pissed off out of the way once the amateurs were in the water.

I did however get a car load of Gatorade!!

I also got some great pictures of the swimmers and Emirates Palace sunrise.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 4:51 am
banned

Originally Posted by Chris79
I disagree with the organization. There was chaos trying to get into Emirates Palace early on Sat morning for the swim. The Police were arrogant and would not listen. I know of numerous competitors that were not allowed to go through. The helicopter filming the swim was way too low (tipped me out of my kayak twice) and was pushing the elite swimmers back while he pissed off out of the way once the amateurs were in the water.

I did however get a car load of Gatorade!!

I also got some great pictures of the swimmers and Emirates Palace sunrise.
did you see me swimming past? i had a white swim cap on

I got into Emirates palace on saturday morning no problems...

Agreed, the helo was really funny. I had a pro staying with me and he said it wasnt pushing him back, it was pushing him under
Old Mar 16th 2010, 4:53 am
banned

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I did a sprint triathalon once - Jebel Ali 2006.....it was the hardest f'n thing I reckon i've ever done......mainly due the swimming part which i'm rubbish at.
It was much harder than a marathon.
sprints are very hard...I have been more exhausted after a sprint than after an olympic distance!!

you should take it up again...
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

sprints are very hard...I have been more exhausted after a sprint than after an olympic distance!!

you should take it up again...
It was also difficult because I don't own a bike so borrowed a chick's bike....and no - it didn't have a flowery basket on the front.

I think my hyper-active days are over. I get a stitch getting out of bed these days.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:23 am
banned

Originally Posted by Jeeper
It was also difficult because I don't own a bike so borrowed a chick's bike....and no - it didn't have a flowery basket on the front.

I think my hyper-active days are over. I get a stitch getting out of bed these days.
A good reason to take it up again..

tick tock..
Old Mar 16th 2010, 7:58 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

If I didn't spend every week in Saudi I probably would... always wanted to do one. I'm a crap cyclist though.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by typical
If I didn't spend every week in Saudi I probably would... always wanted to do one. I'm a crap cyclist though.
Do they allow people to ride crap in these events?
Old Mar 17th 2010, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

But doesn't yer bike get rusty with all that salty sea water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.