Translation please

Old May 11th 2014, 7:26 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Translation please

I just got this as an email.
Anyone got any idea WTF this person is talking about?

"Hi There!!!

Hope you must be doing well,

It is my honour to writing your good-self this message to introduce myself being you as highly Professional gentleman, who may/always seeking to recomend skill personnel on right path. "

W T F
Old May 11th 2014, 8:18 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Translation please

That's easy. You should see the emails I get seeking advice, takes me as long to translate as to reply.

Oh and your translation: "I claim to be a professional, but am desperate for a job, any job, which is why I am sending out hundreds of incoherent emails."

You're welcome
Old May 11th 2014, 8:51 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
That's easy. You should see the emails I get seeking advice, takes me as long to translate as to reply.

Oh and your translation: "I claim to be a professional, but am desperate for a job, any job, which is why I am sending out hundreds of incoherent emails."

You're welcome
thx

im stunned at just how little of that made any sense
Old May 11th 2014, 9:46 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
thx

im stunned at just how little of that made any sense
Try this winner that I received. Copied verbatim, apart from the name being removed.

<removed as not really fair, but rest assured it was utter gobbledegook>

I have such fun dealing with these...

Last edited by Meow; May 11th 2014 at 10:23 am. Reason: Fairness
Old May 11th 2014, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

I can have a laugh at those. At least you haven't got 'apparent' Westerners (holding PhD's) on your LinkedIn trying to add you to pimp out paid for recommendation certificates.
Old May 11th 2014, 10:41 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Beakersful View Post
I can have a laugh at those. At least you haven't got 'apparent' Westerners (holding PhD's) on your LinkedIn trying to add you to pimp out paid for recommendation certificates.
i'd write linkedin recommendations for a fee, wow'd you get that job then?

I could write hundreds of them a day poolside and i doubt it would lower the quality of the site much
Old May 11th 2014, 2:12 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

you know in all my years of hiring and firing, I have NEVER asked to interview / hired anyone just based on their cold CV, ever! Almost all of my hiring is done on referrals etc. But is that a good thing or a bad thing? I mean how can an entry level person get in if he doesnt know anyone, you know what I mean? What if that entry level person would be good at his / her job but just hasnt the skills enough to write a decent CV? I am afraid I am of the same group who look at the CV and if the first 3 lines dont grab me, I just delete it.
Old May 11th 2014, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

I personally left Dubai over 7 1/2 years ago and yet not a week goes by that I get at least 1 unsolicited CV from someone in Dubai looking for a position with my most 'esteemed company'.
Where do these folks get my company e-mail address from? Is someone hawking my address to unsuspecting for a fee
Some of them are applying for obscure positions I never had any say on hiring even when I was in Dubai (finance analyst, web designer, retail sales)
Old May 12th 2014, 7:16 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper View Post
you know in all my years of hiring and firing, I have NEVER asked to interview / hired anyone just based on their cold CV, ever! Almost all of my hiring is done on referrals etc. But is that a good thing or a bad thing? I mean how can an entry level person get in if he doesnt know anyone, you know what I mean? What if that entry level person would be good at his / her job but just hasnt the skills enough to write a decent CV? I am afraid I am of the same group who look at the CV and if the first 3 lines dont grab me, I just delete it.
I take cold CVs all the time (obviously). 99% get deleted. I can make that decision on approximately 3-4 seconds of looking in the preview reading pane thing.

If you survive 4seconds, you get a proper look.
Old May 12th 2014, 9:47 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I take cold CVs all the time (obviously). 99% get deleted. I can make that decision on approximately 3-4 seconds of looking in the preview reading pane thing.

If you survive 4seconds, you get a proper look.
6 seconds is the average

here
Old May 12th 2014, 9:57 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
6 seconds is the average

here
Interesting. Never seen that before.

I can look at a CV, skim over who / where /what / how long for / etc at the same time as considering what they might be useful for. Getting it down to 3-4 seconds a CV isn't just impressive (yeah, that's right), but also absolutely imperative.