Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Transit through Dubai airport

Transit through Dubai airport

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice
Default Transit through Dubai airport

I have a friend who was deported from Dubai some years ago (the old cheque bounce story!)
Question is, can he transit through the Airport (European carrier to Terminal 1 then EK to Asia??)
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transit through Dubai airport

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
I have a friend who was deported from Dubai some years ago (the old cheque bounce story!)
Question is, can he transit through the Airport (European carrier to Terminal 1 then EK to Asia??)
I would imagine that as long as he doesn't clear immigration then he will be ok . He might have a few beads of sweat running down the crack of his arse though.....
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:36 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I would imagine that as long as he doesn't clear immigration then he will be ok . He might have a few beads of sweat running down the crack of his arse though.....
I'd be nervous as hell trying that... may be ok, but the risk would be too much for me...

I'd fly any other route even for twice the price to avoid that...
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I'd be nervous as hell trying that... may be ok, but the risk would be too much for me...

I'd fly any other route even for twice the price to avoid that...
That's the risk you run when you start knocking people for cash in this part of the world .

I'd rather come by Dinghy captained by 2 Somalian Pirates
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
That's the risk you run when you start knocking people for cash in this part of the world .

I'd rather come by Dinghy captained by 2 Somalian Pirates
.......... yes, but where in the procedure would he be asked for ID, passport, etc?

I'm pretty sure I didn't show anything to anyone last time I did that.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Dean
.......... yes, but where in the procedure would he be asked for ID, passport, etc?

I'm pretty sure I didn't show anything to anyone last time I did that.
If he's in transit he's already airside , so it's straight to the transit desk at the bottom of the stairs in T1.

He should only need his boarding card to show at the transit desk who will then issue him one for the ongoing flight ......

Mind you anything can happen in Dubai Airport...
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

I suppose the problem would be flying a different airline to Dubai that would not check the baggage through onto Emirates. He would then have to clear customs to get the baggage and check in with EK!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:09 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't the UAE ask for API?

If so, they'd know he was coming in before his plane took off...
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Just to clarify, there is no case here....the money was paid in full. However, there is a lifetime entry ban!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:24 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify, there is no case here....the money was paid in full. However, there is a lifetime entry ban!
I would think this is slightly different to doing a runner and leaving debts behind.
Personally I would not risk it, but if he's banned then they may be happy to just see him onto the EK flight (it's money for them).
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:34 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would he get a lifelong entry ban if the money was paid in full? Something smells a little fishy.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart
Why would he get a lifelong entry ban if the money was paid in full? Something smells a little fishy.
If he's been deported wouldn't he be banned for life in any case ?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:12 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose the problem would be flying a different airline to Dubai that would not check the baggage through onto Emirates. He would then have to clear customs to get the baggage and check in with EK!
That's only the case if the two airlines don't have an interline agreement, or the two tickets are separate (mostly - but this is a very bad idea anyway, since if the first flight is late arriving and he misses the second flight, the second carrier would then be under no obligation to carry him).
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

I really wouldn't risk it. A direct flight would be much better even if it's double the price.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

There are loads of Hub options... why hub through dubai?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.