Traffic Fines

Old Feb 5th 2020, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic Fines

Originally Posted by Maxima
Lol, I just got an A- Class (2018 shape), and while it is really zippy on the highways, the suspension is rock-hard, and I am getting back aches every other day
Maxima, thanks, you've just reminded me. They didn't seem that popular as there were never that many on the roads but if you did / do see a Maxima you can 100% guarantee they are being driven by a complete ****nugget!

In fact Nissans in general have a twatty following.... Altima...
Old Feb 5th 2020, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Maxima, thanks, you've just reminded me. They didn't seem that popular as there were never that many on the roads but if you did / do see a Maxima you can 100% guarantee they are being driven by a complete ****nugget!

In fact Nissans in general have a twatty following.... Altima...
Anecdote is that Nissan Maximas in early noughties had the highest death rate in accidents compared to pretty much any other model here. Its much less popular no; the 2000-2005 shape was wildly popular, and that too in the light golden color
Old Feb 5th 2020, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

That is absolutely not true for the pre-2010 lexuses

Yes, its true for Pre-2010 german cars and certain chevies/GMC's

But the pre-2010 Lexus were and are popular with the natives in northern Emirates as well as the western regions, for certain reasons
Are you sure about the Western Regions?

In 5 years I never, ever saw one, and that is doing 5,000 km per month on the roads and exhaustive contact with locals. The locals there are too wealthy to buy used or old cars. The old "classics" (white 4x4 etc) grew on trees. That is off the coastal strip. In fact I explicitly recall wondering where all the Lexuses were - I noticed their absence because of how prevalent they are where I lived previously in the US. Saw them much more often AD/Dubai but they were definitely down on the luxury car pecking order in Western Regions.

Northern Emirates makes more sense.

Last edited by carcajou; Feb 5th 2020 at 10:21 am.
Old Feb 5th 2020, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

clergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond repute

Anecdote is that Nissan Maximas in early noughties had the highest death rate in accidents compared to pretty much any other model here. Its much less popular no; the 2000-2005 shape was wildly popular, and that too in the light golden color
I seem to remember that there was almost a blanket ban on insuring them because of the eejits who tended to drive them....I use the term drive loosely here.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've just got into work after having my morning commute delayed following a car trying to mount me on the E66. I was in the left hand lane when the cars in front of me stopped (as they often do), I stopped and pulled right up against the barrier. The two behind me who were barreling don thankfully swerved round me but the 3rd one (old Camry) went right up my chuff! Not crazy hard but hard enough to ensure the inner & outer bumper, exhaust will need replaced plus a bit of panel beating. Then the 4th one went right up his chuff, but harder....

It was a very well mannered crash tho, no one shouting or being a dick. Even the copper was having a laugh.

Annoying tho as I have just organised a new replacement car for next week after having this one for 2 years and putting 75,500 on her. The thing is that I didn't have a scratch one her..... now shes knackered. Shame.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 5:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Well I've just got into work after having my morning commute delayed following a car trying to mount me on the E66. I was in the left hand lane when the cars in front of me stopped (as they often do), I stopped and pulled right up against the barrier. The two behind me who were barreling don thankfully swerved round me but the 3rd one (old Camry) went right up my chuff! Not crazy hard but hard enough to ensure the inner & outer bumper, exhaust will need replaced plus a bit of panel beating. Then the 4th one went right up his chuff, but harder....

It was a very well mannered crash tho, no one shouting or being a dick. Even the copper was having a laugh.

Annoying tho as I have just organised a new replacement car for next week after having this one for 2 years and putting 75,500 on her. The thing is that I didn't have a scratch one her..... now shes knackered. Shame.
Glad you're OK mate.

Being made to brake hard here means instantly looking behind and panicking about what the morons after you are focusing on...
Old Feb 6th 2020, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Glad you're OK mate.

Being made to brake hard here means instantly looking behind and panicking about what the morons after you are focusing on...
Cheers.

And yeah, I watched it all unfold in my rear view mirror....

The E66 is a shite road tho. Always issues on there.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you are safe... you are probably glad it was not a SUV
Old Feb 6th 2020, 6:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Cheers.

And yeah, I watched it all unfold in my rear view mirror....

The E66 is a shite road tho. Always issues on there.
It is indeed, lots of them turn to shit when they're just outside the city.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 9:06 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

So what's people's record then? I counted 11 vehicles in a pile up onetime heading into Riyadh southbound by KAFD on the elevated section of King Fahad Road.

That takes some doing.

Last edited by nonthaburi; Feb 6th 2020 at 10:51 am.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
So what's people's record then? I counted 11 vehicles in a pile up onetime heading into Riyadh southbound by FAFD on the elevated section of King Fahad Road.

That takes some doing.
200. ABU Dhabi, March 11, 2008

great YouTube videos out there.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
200. ABU Dhabi, March 11, 2008

great YouTube videos out there.
Remember that. Apparently it was way more than 200 tho. That's just what they reported it at. A load of the wreaks were parked up by the Police station by Taweelah for a while. Epic destruction.... and didn't they also only report a handful of deaths..... seemed very unlikely after seeing the aftermath of the carnage.
Old Feb 6th 2020, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that. Apparently it was way more than 200 tho. That's just what they reported it at. A load of the wreaks were parked up by the Police station by Taweelah for a while. Epic destruction.... and didn't they also only report a handful of deaths..... seemed very unlikely after seeing the aftermath of the carnage.
half of it was on fire!
Old Feb 6th 2020, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

I remember it too. Brought on by people refusing to slow down in heavy fog, if I remember, plus the law about not being able to move your car out of traffic if there's a crash. So everyone just plowed into everyone.
Old Feb 9th 2020, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Just got a temporary replacement rental until I get a shiny new one next week.... and its a Nissan Sentra.... which is truly the most hideous car ever made. Cheap is not the word.... I wonder how Nissan are still in business turning out utter tripe like that in this day and age.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.