British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Toyota Tundra (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/toyota-tundra-825935/)

Brains1983 Feb 21st 2014 12:53 pm

Toyota Tundra

For the car folks on the bored.

Was looking at pick-up trucks and the Tundra looks and drives pretty well. However found out they are all North American imports here. Dealer claims that I don't need to worry about shipping parts in for repairs and services as they are pretty much interchangeable with the Sequoia?

Anybody know if that's accurate?

Cheers!

Boomhauer Feb 21st 2014 1:01 pm

Re: Toyota Tundra

Can't help you with specifics not having owned or worked on either . They do share a lot of similarity but a major difference is Independent rear suspension on the Sequoi and solid axle for the Tundra. Toyota trucks in the US are all locally built and they have a reputation for reliability.

The older Tundra didn't dominate the truck market because it is not a full size pickup . New Toyota Tundra is comparable sizewise to fullsize pickups from the Big 3 but Toyota does not offer a diesel engine option , dual rear wheels and the payload capacity of 1 ton fullsize American pickups . So for the moment the Big 3 still dominate the fullsize pickup segment.

britexpat76 Feb 21st 2014 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 11140868)
For the car folks on the bored.

Was looking at pick-up trucks and the Tundra looks and drives pretty well. However found out they are all North American imports here. Dealer claims that I don't need to worry about shipping parts in for repairs and services as they are pretty much interchangeable with the Sequoia?

Anybody know if that's accurate?

Cheers!

That is correct.

Irishbeekeeper Feb 22nd 2014 3:26 pm

Heres a totally relevant fact :

Tund in punjabi means ass

ok carry on now *sweet smile*

Yoohoo Feb 23rd 2014 3:42 am

I thought one needed a lobotomy to drive a Tundra? Certainly seems like it going down 30th in the mornings.

Millhouse Feb 23rd 2014 4:21 am

I love the Tundra. I would be torn on the decision between the Tundra and the F150 Raptor though.

Bongoman2 Feb 23rd 2014 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11143586)
I would be torn on the decision between the Tundra and the F150 Raptor though.

I drive a peugeot 203

Brains1983 Feb 23rd 2014 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11143586)
I love the Tundra. I would be torn on the decision between the Tundra and the F150 Raptor though.

I do like the Raptor, but bloody expensive!

Boomhauer Feb 23rd 2014 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 11143783)
I do like the Raptor, but bloody expensive!

Sis bought a car recently; was trying to get her to buy a used Raptor but even a used one is expensive.

Irishbeekeeper Feb 24th 2014 6:03 am

pfft! nothing sexier than a Sukhoi PAK FA....except maybe a woman talking about a Sukhoi PAK FA :o