toy shops in Dubai?

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough
Default toy shops in Dubai?

....Sorry, I know you'll direct be to a more appropriate forum but I can't be arsed joining it to ask.....

I need to find a pogo stick for Santa to deliver...... Abu Dhabi has none, so I'm dedicating a day to head to Dubai to hunt one down.... where can I try? (I have no idea where any of the big toy stores are there...)
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 7:16 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: toy shops in Dubai?

Toy R Us? (that name is so awful)

Biggest one is at Festival City with a smaller one at Times Square Mall on SZR. There is also a Hamleys in Dubai Mall.

Why not try calling them first to see if they stock them?
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

you also have time to order one in online if you can't be arsed to do proper shopping

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=166436011
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kittycat1
you also have time to order one in online if you can't be arsed to do proper shopping

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=166436011
Kittycat, I could kiss you!!! It hadn't ocurred to be to look at .com, I'd just looked at .co.uk who wouldn't ship here!! Whoop!!!!!!! Mission Santa accomplished!!!! Thank you
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a genius!
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

I am a genius!
you really are!!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:38 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

johnlewis.com also delivers overseas for standard shipping charges (ie weight / volume) BUT you get 20% VAT free prices!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mummy2dolly
Kittycat, I could kiss you!!! It hadn't ocurred to be to look at .com, I'd just looked at .co.uk who wouldn't ship here!! Whoop!!!!!!! Mission Santa accomplished!!!! Thank you
surely one would get the toy delivered to the north pole and leave the rest to santa and his helpers
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And just to remind everyone who is thinking about buying xmas presents already, there are lots of amazing charity groups who help the less fortunate at christmas. rather than spending a ridiculous amount of those you love, how about you spend a little less and give to those who need it.

http://christianity.about.com/od/hol...tmascharit.htm
Old Nov 5th 2011, 12:46 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

And just to remind everyone who is thinking about buying xmas presents already, there are lots of amazing charity groups who help the less fortunate at christmas. rather than spending a ridiculous amount of those you love, how about you spend a little less and give to those who need it.

http://christianity.about.com/od/hol...tmascharit.htm

I believe there are also non-religious charities that do such things (for those of us who would prefer not to fund anything religious in any way).
Old Nov 5th 2011, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

And one can simply give some money to the gardeners, car washers, petrol pumpers , security guys etc...at least then one knows that the money actually goes to them.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Completely agree with all the charity reminders... what better time than at Christmas to give to those less fortunate...

(but also loving this whole new world of shopping I've just been opened up to now I know Amazon.com and John Lewis ship here..... hubby less pleased though )
Old Nov 5th 2011, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Completely agree with all the charity reminders... what better time than at Christmas to give to those less fortunate...

(but also loving this whole new world of shopping I've just been opened up to now I know Amazon.com and John Lewis ship here..... hubby less pleased though )
you might want to consider Aramex Ship and Shop.....
Old Nov 5th 2011, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alexa
you might want to consider Aramex Ship and Shop.....
I have looked into it, but they estimated 200dhs to ship the pogo stick from the UK, which was almost double what the thing cost to buy.... Rip off!!!

Amazon.com charged £19 postage which I figured I would have spent on petrol and Salk had I come to Dubai to hunt for one....
Old Nov 6th 2011, 3:11 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

and boden.co.uk charge about 12 quid.... and 20% VAT free, and have a 15% sale on... it almost pays for itself!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.