Tour de France

Old Jul 13th 2008, 3:14 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tour de France

Originally Posted by The Dean
"No nonsense down to Earth"? He will be when he comes off the steroids etc etc...........
oh you and your funny posts crack me up...
he's 61 years old ffs...
Old Jul 13th 2008, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh you and your funny posts crack me up...
he's 61 years old ffs...
At least he survived.......... in my country we make a 'hero' of a man who died while tackling a 'gruelling mountain stage'......... despite the fact that the post mortem found enough 'medication' to stock a medium-sized pharmacy..........
Old Jul 13th 2008, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

At least he survived.......... in my country we make a 'hero' of a man who died while tackling a 'gruelling mountain stage'......... despite the fact that the post mortem found enough 'medication' to stock a medium-sized pharmacy..........
..... and I've just realised - today is the 41st anniversary of his death.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

..... and I've just realised - today is the 41st anniversary of his death.
Tom Simpson?
Old Jul 13th 2008, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

"No nonsense down to Earth"? He will be when he comes off the steroids etc etc...........

Who's leading the Tour de Substance now then?
unfortunately le tour has been tarnished due to the EPO abuse, however i think this year they have turned a corner, with the Slipstream Clean team etc which like Calton Athletic Football team (all recovered junkies), this coupled with the tour director standing firm and not allowing Astansa team to enter, is finally sending out the message that this wont be tolerated..

Yesterday was a great example of cycling, shit weather, the peleton chasing down the leaders, and then the brit sprinter who is the fastest man on 2 wheels winning...fantastic stuff..

unfortunately, i await the scandal outbreak at some point...
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MacScot
I've been watching to follow the Aussies (e.g., Cadel Evans)

You can get English language "daily podcasts" from SBS TV in Australia at:

http://tdf.sbs.com.au/tdf2008/
I think it's on in English on Dubai Sports channel 16 on DU.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RitchieD
I think it's on in English on Dubai Sports channel 16 on DU.

cant say i have seen it on Dubai sports. Saying that we have evision, but i assume it would be the same transmission?

Its cool listening to the french commentry for about 10mins, then it becomes a bit tiresome..
Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Tom Simpson?
Correct.

He came from an age where the amphetamines (and the rest) he took were regarded as his way of showing his determination to win - hence the hero status, post mortem.

As you know better than I do, the sport still regards him as a legend, particularly in France itself.

How times change - or do they, in cycling?
Old Jul 13th 2008, 12:22 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

whisky is minging...

salt and vinegar pringles however...

had some white port at brunch yesterday, that was a pleasant experience..
how the hell can a scotsman say whisky is minging??
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

cant say i have seen it on Dubai sports. Saying that we have evision, but i assume it would be the same transmission?

Its cool listening to the french commentry for about 10mins, then it becomes a bit tiresome..
I flicked past it the other day and it had Phil Liggot (I think) doing the commentary so presume it's the itv4, or whoever has it in the UK now, feed.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 1:21 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
how the hell can a scotsman say whisky is minging??
...with a Scottish accent ?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RitchieD
I flicked past it the other day and it had Phil Liggot (I think) doing the commentary so presume it's the itv4, or whoever has it in the UK now, feed.

indeed it is....that is my nights entertainment sorted for the forseeable future..

come in from work, slip on the spandex, switch on Dubai1 and hop on the bike in front of the telly for a couple of hours pretending im as fit as these guys..

fall off

drink beer

sleep

repeat to fade
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MacScot
...with a Scottish accent ?
sorry, i just dont like it, never have..
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

How times change - or do they, in cycling?
Hopefully finally they have Dean, but i always have the feeling there is a scandal just round the corner..

Lets just wait and see.....
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:16 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, i just dont like it, never have..
christ, I bloody love the stuff, love going to scotland as the bars are stocked with more whisky than you can poke a stick at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.