Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Tough Relegation Battle

Tough Relegation Battle

Old Apr 7th 2013, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tough Relegation Battle

All of a sudden, Stoke City are now in the thick of it. Mind you, having won only 5 points since January 1st, they deserve it. However, unless De Canio performs a small miracle, I can see Sunderland joining Reading and QPR for the plunge. Aston Villa winning the Euro U-19 Championship seems to have belatedly kick-started their season, their youngsters performing well in the first team now...and what a goal that was yesterday! Norwich have some difficult games ahead, but hopefully they will prevail. So who are your contenders, people? We have already heard from Spugsy in an earlier thread on his beloved Toon Army, who are not yet out of the mire, but will be able to give it their full attention after this coming Thursday's Europa League elimination...

"We've got a good couple of winnable games mate despite being dangerously close to the relegation end:
Fulham (H)
Dirty Mackems (H)
West Brom (A)
Liverpool (H)
West Ham (A)
QPR (A)
Arsenal (H)
I can see three wins in there and that should do it.
Sunderland are in deep trouble, no fight, no spirit, no manager and Fletcher out til the end of the season, I always thought they'd be ok but I'm really not sure now - they may stay up but there us a god chance they may go down."
Old Apr 7th 2013, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tough Relegation Battle

Jumpers for Goalposts, Home for Tea . . . .
Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Wigan have got some tough-looking games, and are still in the FA Cup........ they will probably beat Millwall and reach the Final, but it's a distraction either way.

And has anyone noticed the bottom of the Championship? Someone is going to get relegated with an unheard-of high total of something like 55 points from 46 games.......... 8 points covers 9th to 23rd...........
Old Apr 8th 2013, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

It will be close but I think this time Wigan will drop with QPR/Reading
Old Apr 8th 2013, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Someone's going down with 40+
Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cypselos
The average (at the bottom end) is usually 1 point/match and so it could finish:

15 Stoke 40
16 Aston Villa 39
17 Wigan 38
18 Sunderland 37

But I think Sunderland may just pip Wigan due to the home support. Wigan don't have many football fans (the're all Rugby families).
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:19 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Quackers
The average (at the bottom end) is usually 1 point/match and so it could finish:

15 Stoke 40
16 Aston Villa 39
17 Wigan 38
18 Sunderland 37

But I think Sunderland may just pip Wigan due to the home support. Wigan don't have many football fans (the're all Rugby families).
We hammered Fulham yesterday (sorry Meow), how it was only 1:0 is beyond me, denied a clear hand ball penalty off the line, hit the woodwork so many times, Krul saves.

Great game.

Bring on the dirty fascists....
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cypselos
I think 40 will be safe, especially with a few of the bottom pack still to play each other.......... Villa have got Sunderland and Wigan (last day), Sunderland have also got Stoke, five of Wighan's final seven opponents are in the top half......... oooer.........
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
We hammered Fulham yesterday (sorry Meow), how it was only 1:0 is beyond me, denied a clear hand ball penalty off the line, hit the woodwork so many times, Krul saves.

Great game.

Bring on the dirty fascists....
Coming from a club that sold the NF magazine The Front outside The Gallowgate End ?

Wind ya neck in man , you sound like your sexuality confused manager , you know the one who has a taste for the roulette table and a pretty young male face .

I'm flying home Thursday and will be at the game on Sunday morning , hope to see you there ?

Last edited by co durham boy; Apr 8th 2013 at 9:33 am.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:38 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Coming from a club that sold the NF magazine The Front outside The Gallowgate End ?

Wind ya neck in man , you sound like your sexuality confused manager , you know the one who has a taste for the roulette table and a pretty young male face .

I'm flying home Thursday and will be at the game on Sunday morning , hope to see you there ?
The Front was sold outside pretty much every football ground - even the stadium of shite - so don't go there.

Bloody mackums....

Anyway, great write up of the game in the Independent - even for those who don't support either team.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
The Front was sold outside pretty much every football ground - even the stadium of shite - so don't go there.

Bloody mackums....

Anyway, great write up of the game in the Independent - even for those who don't support either team.
I fancy at least a point and i'd take it now if offered . We have a terrible record in the Derby home & away and obviously there's a lot at stake on Sunday .

I must be fu**ing mad

By the way you were bang to rights with the front , it was never sold at Roker Park only at Sid James's , no kebab shops in Pink lane in those years .
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:10 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

I fancy at least a point and i'd take it now if offered . We have a terrible record in the Derby home & away and obviously there's a lot at stake on Sunday .

I must be fu**ing mad

By the way you were bang to rights with the front , it was never sold at Roker Park only at Sid James's , no kebab shops in Pink lane in those years .
What's the bets on Shola scoring our winner - he does have form against you ...
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kix
What's the bets on Shola scoring our winner - he does have form against you ...
I know mate it's unreal isn't it . Especially when he's a carthorse as well .

The only thing that will keep us up is Wigan been worse than us to be honest . We've been terrible this season and if we go down it will be well deserved as we haven't been convincing in any game that i have seen this season .

7 games is too little for Di Canio , i'd have rather had the odds with 12 games to go . I'm still amazed how O'Neill crumbled in the end , something seriously wrong with the set up at Sunderland .

Oh well , onwards and upwards as they say , it'll not be the first time or the last
Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:31 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

I know mate it's unreal isn't it . Especially when he's a carthorse as well .

The only thing that will keep us up is Wigan been worse than us to be honest . We've been terrible this season and if we go down it will be well deserved as we haven't been convincing in any game that i have seen this season .

7 games is too little for Di Canio , i'd have rather had the odds with 12 games to go . I'm still amazed how O'Neill crumbled in the end , something seriously wrong with the set up at Sunderland .

Oh well , onwards and upwards as they say , it'll not be the first time or the last
Weird that O'Neil caved in, don't understand it really - I always rated him as a manager.

As for Di Canio, weird choice, what's he achieved apart from winning promotion from the old division 4. It'll either go down as the shrewdest choice in history - or the biggest cluster****.

If our game against Benfica goes to extra time on Thursday (which I can't see tbh), we'll still be knackered on Sunday, you could get something out of it.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

how the hell did you get a ticket ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.