Totally unacceptable!!

Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Totally unacceptable!!

The noise from the mosque probably upset some Muslim with "wasta", who made a complaint in the right quarter.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:54 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I have noticed recently is the mosque near me plays the call to prayer which I quite like. However, a little time after the chap then speaks into a mike (not sings) and repeats the same phrase around 3/4 times. This always wakes me up as he gets really close to the mike and it sometimes literally rattles my windows. Is only something I have noticed in the past few months, never heard it before.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:25 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Overbearing, condescending, over-pious sons of b***s in the mosque next door!! Apart from the taraweehs every night, now they are broadcasting another taraweeh from 1.30 am which will go all the way to 4.00 am and which will go on for the next 10 days!?? What about the people living close by who have kids and who have to go to work tomorrow morning? And you can't complain to the police because you come off looking like a Munkir! And the poor non Muslims cannot complain at all because ofcourse they are afraid to loose their visas! This truly is a b***s**t move by whoever is in charge of this mosque!
There was some sort of ranty wailing from one of our mosques around 12-1am this morning. Grumpy Mr M won't be happy if that continues...
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:32 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
There was some sort of ranty wailing from one of our mosques around 12-1am this morning. Grumpy Mr M won't be happy if that continues...
yeah the last 10 days and especially the odd numbered nights (the 25th, the 27th and the 29th more so) are considered special and Im all for that but to blare it out on the speaker to make sure your letting the world know what your doing, even if the majority of the world around is either sleeping / not interested / of another faith....that's not cricket at all in my honest opinion
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

yeah the last 10 days and especially the odd numbered nights (the 25th, the 27th and the 29th more so) are considered special and Im all for that but to blare it out on the speaker to make sure your letting the world know what your doing, even if the majority of the world around is either sleeping / not interested / of another faith....that's not cricket at all in my honest opinion
I knew about the last 10 days, but not the odd numbers. What's special about then?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. A low murmur would be fine, but shouty stuff in the middle of the night isn't fair.

It was okay last night as there had been wine, tonight may be different...
Old Jul 31st 2013, 7:04 am

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I knew about the last 10 days, but not the odd numbers. What's special about then?
Lailatul Qadr - The Night of Value, The Night of Decree etc
The most holy of nights considered by all muslims (sunni and shia alike)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laylat_al-Qadr

it is the strong belief (mine included) that praying this night is like using a multiplier to the nth value
the fact that we are not sure which night it is, actually makes it more fun in my personal opinion
btw just for the record : its not a hall pass, it does not mean that you kill, rape, murder all year long and then get pious for the last 10 days of this month and all shall be forgotten
Old Jul 31st 2013, 8:08 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

it is the strong belief (mine included) that praying this night is like using a multiplier to the nth value
the fact that we are not sure which night it is, actually makes it more fun in my personal opinion
btw just for the record : its not a hall pass, it does not mean that you kill, rape, murder all year long and then get pious for the last 10 days of this month and all shall be forgotten
does god pay more attention on those particular days then?
strikes me as odd, either god is listening or not surely
Old Jul 31st 2013, 8:19 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
You're applying logic to religion, stop it!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 8:25 am

wouldnt know mate, as I cant answer for Him
my own faith? yes I think so

and yes, there comes a time when logic demands you question things, I myself do so all the time but I dont pretend to know what God is thinking or try and judge anyone by whatever standards I have of God in my head

life is too complicated enough as it is to try and impose your thoughts on someone else
Old Jul 31st 2013, 8:47 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

wouldnt know mate, as I cant answer for Him
my own faith? yes I think so

and yes, there comes a time when logic demands you question things, I myself do so all the time but I dont pretend to know what God is thinking or try and judge anyone by whatever standards I have of God in my head

life is too complicated enough as it is to try and impose your thoughts on someone else
genuine interest here.
why would those days be a prayer multiplier? whats the story behind that one?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 8:48 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Cognitive dissonance is how you get around the issues when logic clearly demonstrates that your god belief doesn't match reality.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Appreciated.

I got a travel alert about this event and I must admit I didn't know it, so this helps.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by mikewot
Cognitive dissonance is how you get around the issues when logic clearly demonstrates that your god belief doesn't match reality.
I guess your right

genuine interest here.
why would those days be a prayer multiplier? whats the story behind that one?
On any one of those nights Gabriel visited Mohammad with the first verses of the book Quran. It was first contact, hence an event of very significant importance. The Surah Al-Qadr explicitly reveals that it is a very important night for Muslims, should they care to partake in it

I guess, in Christianity, a similar event would be the birth of Christ. A very very special event and I do believe quite a lot of christians partake in the midnight mass.

Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Thanks. Appreciated.

I got a travel alert about this event and I must admit I didn't know it, so this helps.
more than welcome mate
yeah, we have a travel alert for back home as well but in all honesty the way things are right now there, every day is a travel alert