Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Totally absurd if you ask me...

Totally absurd if you ask me...

Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:59 am
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of
Default Totally absurd if you ask me...

Want to laugh everyone?

I just put down the phone with a client of mine. "Hey big guy let's go have a hamburger and coke in Amsterdam tomorrow afternoon..."

Hamburgers aren't really my thing but okay a client's wishes right? So I told him "We can pass by Wendy's on the way out of Amsterdam..." but you guessed it "No... Want something a bit more upscale." Errrr... I'm thinking, we are talking about bloody hamburgers here!!! "Okay... McDonald's perhaps Sir?" and now comes the really good one...

"No prefer the Amsterdam Hilton, like the chunks of butter better I can put on top..." So squeezing my toes together I said I'd reserve a table for two. This is to f**king idiotic to be true!!! I'm going to spend a whopping € 195 for four bloody hamburgers and two cokes!!! Some people where simply born with far to much money !!!

Dutchie
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:02 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Totally absurd if you ask me...

Promise me you will deprive him of a sizeable portion of his estate to invest in something useful like hookers or sports cars.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:02 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

just go Dutch...
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:05 pm

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari
just go Dutch...
Nice on a business meal. Gonna love explaining this one to the Dutch tax people... :curse:
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:06 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Nice on a business meal. Gonna love explaining this one to the Dutch tax people... :curse:
you could have said no...you're just a pushover...
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari
you could have said no...you're just a pushover...
In business? With a client that does € 100.000+ business with me per year. Don't think so, but still it is absolutely absurd. The f**king Hilton for a hamburger!?!?!?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

In business? With a client that does € 100.000+ business with me per year. Don't think so, but still it is absolutely absurd. The f**king Hilton for a hamburger!?!?!?
The last time I visited a place called "Wendy's" in Amsterdam, I got more than a f---ing hamburger.......
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean
The last time I visited a place called "Wendy's" in Amsterdam, I got more than a f---ing hamburger.......
Hmmm... Looking for the condom machine with the discount button on it huh? Typical British....
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:30 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with that.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
Good luck with that.
Yeah... Thinking of taking the beaten up Ford Mondeo with me. He can watch the road fly under him. Maybe then, slightly white and a bit scared he'll say the magic words "It might be a good idea to go for cheaper hamburgers..."

Although? Wouldn't mind seeing the Hilton valet service officers face when I say "Watch the paint job, it's rather unique...." (Dents, holes and rust spots, but hey, the engine runs like a dream)
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:37 pm

Good luck with that.
And forgot... I don't like washing cars, it shows after 18 months
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:54 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Want to laugh everyone?

I just put down the phone with a client of mine. "Hey big guy let's go have a hamburger and coke in Amsterdam tomorrow afternoon..."

Hamburgers aren't really my thing but okay a client's wishes right? So I told him "We can pass by Wendy's on the way out of Amsterdam..." but you guessed it "No... Want something a bit more upscale." Errrr... I'm thinking, we are talking about bloody hamburgers here!!! "Okay... McDonald's perhaps Sir?" and now comes the really good one...

"No prefer the Amsterdam Hilton, like the chunks of butter better I can put on top..." So squeezing my toes together I said I'd reserve a table for two. This is to f**king idiotic to be true!!! I'm going to spend a whopping € 195 for four bloody hamburgers and two cokes!!! Some people where simply born with far to much money !!!

Dutchie
What did he mean by chuncks of butter on top.....
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:14 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah... Thinking of taking the beaten up Ford Mondeo with me. He can watch the road fly under him. Maybe then, slightly white and a bit scared he'll say the magic words "It might be a good idea to go for cheaper hamburgers..."

Although? Wouldn't mind seeing the Hilton valet service officers face when I say "Watch the paint job, it's rather unique...." (Dents, holes and rust spots, but hey, the engine runs like a dream)

I like your way of thinking....
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
What did he mean by chuncks of butter on top.....
I've heard it from his employee's. Apparently he puts a royal spoon full of real butter on the hot meat, lets it melt, then the ketchup. Hey... He's taking ten years off the back end of his life, not me.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:32 pm

I like your way of thinking....
Can't help it, the place looks so damn artificial to me. Just getting a coffee there gives me the creeps. Before you've had a chance to take even one sip? Ten people with artificial good manners will ask "Is it okay? Will there be anything else?" That irritates the hell out of me... Mega style !!!

In Dubai, the Hilton, as it's one of the few places you can get a decent cup of coffee, and where they don't kill you with British attempts of coffee making (sorry BE board, it's a fact, a Brit CAN NOT make a decent cup of coffee) I actual paid someone AED 50 just to see to it the rest left me alone. Early AM? Just bring liters of it, black...

Last edited by Dutchie; Jul 31st 2008 at 4:21 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.