British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Top Gear (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/top-gear-620280/)

Blue Cat Jul 15th 2009 11:05 am

Top Gear

For those who download, download this weeks, it is brillaint! the challenge is to post a letter in the Scilly Isles to the Isle of Orkney, then see who is the fastest, British Mail or the new four door Porsche.

B Bear Jul 15th 2009 11:07 am

Re: Top Gear

The letter wins.....:p

Blue Cat Jul 15th 2009 11:07 am

Originally Posted by B Bear (Post 7754355)
The letter wins.....:p

you git !

Euc- Jul 15th 2009 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7754352)
For those who download, download this weeks, it is brillaint! the challenge is to post a letter in the Scilly Isles to the Isle of Orkney, then see who is the fastest, British Mail or the new four door Porsche.

Saw it last night, it was pretty cool!

Was also watching an old one, bus/train vs DB9 from Dover to St. Tropez (or something), I loved it!

B Bear Jul 15th 2009 11:34 am

He he!

I would also reccomend 'The Street' 2100 on monday, BBC 1, the Jimmy McGovern series. Bob Hoskins, Timothy Spall V Good

Blue Cat Jul 15th 2009 11:40 am

Originally Posted by B Bear (Post 7754452)
He he!

I would also reccomend 'The Street' 2100 on monday, BBC 1, the Jimmy McGovern series. Bob Hoskins, Timothy Spall V Good

yes that is brilliant, seen them all got the DVD box set :thumbup:

Blue Cat Jul 15th 2009 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 7754432)
Saw it last night, it was pretty cool!

Was also watching an old one, bus/train vs DB9 from Dover to St. Tropez (or something), I loved it!

that was another brilliant one!! I loved last night's British Bulldog with the Army, do you think he really was in the car when they mangled it?

lionheart Jul 15th 2009 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7754352)

Presumably Royal Mail or whatever they call themselves use planes for long trips, don't they? Must be faster than a Porsche.

B Bear Jul 15th 2009 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7754475)
yes that is brilliant, seen them all got the DVD box set :thumbup:

This is the first of the new series - and the last as the production studio in Manchester (ITV) is being closed down. Good quality drama that you don't see very often these days sadly.

Euc- Jul 15th 2009 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7754478)
that was another brilliant one!! I loved last night's British Bulldog with the Army, do you think he really was in the car when they mangled it?

Nah, don't think he was..

I was wondering what they said about live ammo, I mean.. You can never be very accurate from that distance with those guns, how could they be sure they didn't hit him?

That aside, all their challanges are great! They once did a race or whatever in Vietnam on motorbikes or something, hilarious :rofl:

Or ferry vs mclaren to scandinavia
(And then while in the Netherlands say they are in Belgium :frown: )

Euc- Jul 15th 2009 11:49 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7754487)
Presumably Royal Mail or whatever they call themselves use planes for long trips, don't they? Must be faster than a Porsche.

The letter first got on a heli, then 3 or 4 plane trips and then got delivered by a clio (?).

Spugsy Jul 15th 2009 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 7754502)
The letter first got on a heli, then 3 or 4 plane trips and then got delivered by a clio (?).

Do you ever watch the hairy bikers? they're on the food channel, bloody brilliant program.

Blue Cat Jul 15th 2009 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7754527)
Do you ever watch the hairy bikers? they're on the food channel, bloody brilliant program.

yeah I love it !!

Blue Cat Jul 15th 2009 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by B Bear (Post 7754497)
This is the first of the new series - and the last as the production studio in Manchester (ITV) is being closed down. Good quality drama that you don't see very often these days sadly.

thanks I will get the husband to download it! :thumbup:

Euc- Jul 15th 2009 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7754527)

I'm afraid I haven't seen that one, I'll see if I can watch some online :)