Top 5 Films ever

Old May 21st 2010, 9:09 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top 5 Films ever

As a kid:
Jason and the Argonauts
Journey to the Centre of the Earth (original with James Mason).

As a teenager:
Goldfinger (allowed in a cinema at age 14 at midnight - awesome).
BBC Quatermass (scary)

20s-30s:
Casablanca (remembering the Marseillaise scene)
Where Eagles Dare
BBC spy plays/movies: Soldier, Sailor, Tinker etc (can't remember the name)
BBC Plays with Donald Pleasance

Recent movies:
Nothing in particular (but usually foreign language films).
Old May 21st 2010, 9:27 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
As a kid:
Jason and the Argonauts
Journey to the Centre of the Earth (original with James Mason).

As a teenager:
Goldfinger (allowed in a cinema at age 14 at midnight - awesome).
BBC Quatermass (scary)

20s-30s:
Casablanca (remembering the Marseillaise scene)
Where Eagles Dare
BBC spy plays/movies: Soldier, Sailor, Tinker etc (can't remember the name)
BBC Plays with Donald Pleasance

Recent movies:
Nothing in particular (but usually foreign language films).

I fell in love with Clint Eastwood when I first saw W.E.D
Donald Pleasance? He was the blind P.O.W in Colditz?
My fav genre of film is war movies,hence Bridge Too Far is one of my nominated favs.
Strange I know for a girlie but love them.

Last edited by Eva; May 21st 2010 at 9:33 pm.
Old May 21st 2010, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Donald Pleasance? He was the blind P.O.W in Colditz?
He was very short-sighted in The Great Escape.

He was also the (British) President in Escape from New York. Or it might have been LA.
Old May 21st 2010, 9:32 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
He was very short-sighted in The Great Escape.
Hahahaha.You're not tonight.
Ubiquitous is probs the word I would choose.
Old May 21st 2010, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Ubiquitous is probs the word I would choose.
I know
Old May 21st 2010, 9:39 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know
Glad.
The JJ Thingy.The Visitors & The Dubliners.
Love them but dark,like Ulysses.What do you think attracts Angelica H to reprise?
Old May 21st 2010, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Glad.
The JJ Thingy.The Visitors & The Dubliners.
Love them but dark,like Ulysses.What do you think attracts Angelica H to reprise?
Ah I haven't seen 'The Dead' and didn't make the connection - had to look that up.

PS reading the thread now...I just love the Marx Brothers.

Last edited by Sally Redux; May 21st 2010 at 9:53 pm.
Old May 21st 2010, 9:59 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah I haven't seen 'The Dead' and didn't make the connection - had to look that up.

PS reading the thread now...I just love the Marx Brothers.
Horsefeathers!coughxxx
Or is it cough first???
Old May 21st 2010, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Horsefeathers!coughxxx
Or is it cough first???
A swordfish comes into it somewhere.
Old May 21st 2010, 10:08 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A swordfish comes into it somewhere.
Called Russell? In a toga?
You are too good at this Sal...not in your league
Love from Captain IIkxxx
Old May 21st 2010, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Called Russell? In a toga?
You are too good at this Sal...not in your league
Love from Captain IIkxxx
Good to see you xxx
Old May 21st 2010, 10:18 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good to see you xxx
Back at you girl
x
Old May 22nd 2010, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Tricky............. only 5? Have to be very harsh then, and leave out some very good ones.............

The Shawshank Redemption
Field of Dreams
The Green Mile
Taxi Driver
Monty Python's Life Of Brian

Close behind.............

Fargo
The Truman Show
The Deer Hunter
Alien
Pulp Fiction

Could have been different - I might change some of these after further reflection.......
Old May 22nd 2010, 6:57 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

A few of my favourites include:

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
Godfathers 1 & 2
Heat ( because it has Al Pacino and De Niro together)
The Scent Of A Woman
The Deerhunter
A Few Good Men
Old May 22nd 2010, 2:51 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite the question, but one to avoid is definitely the new Robin Hood. Not even worth spending 10 dirhams from the dodgy Chinese DVD lady let alone going to the cinema.

It's irritating initially due to being full of completely unnecessary historical inaccuracies and then of course there's also Russell Crowe's accent which veers wildly between Scouse, Irish and the odd bit of Dick van Dyke style cockney.

Mostly though, it's because the plot, script, and acting are completely shite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.