Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Top 100 Albums - BBC radio poll

Top 100 Albums - BBC radio poll

Old Apr 7th 2013, 8:04 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top 100 Albums - BBC radio poll

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Beep,beep!
I was going to mention AC/DC Motörhead etc but thought you'd get too excited! You can't deny kraftwerk were influential from dance hip hop and production plus design...
Old Apr 8th 2013, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Picking a top ten is a pointless exercise as what I listen to varies depending on my mood. Instead I'll just give you a list of whats in the CD multichanger of the Dusty, the Red Shed. (all the rest of my music is on an Sd card in my phone and until I sort out a Bluetooth connection for the car, there it will reside)

1) Green Day - Uno!
Not their best work....

2) Soundgarden - King Animal
One of my all time favourite bands back on form

3) Peter Gabriel - So
Got the 25 year (Eeek!) anniversary edition for Christmas, still sounds as good as the first day I heard it though.

4) Wannadies - Skelleftea
Indie Rock warblings from perky Scandinavian types. Though as some of the tracks date back to the late 80's they might not be so perky these days...

5)Nick Drake - Bryter Later
For when I'm want to drive in a calm restrained manner i.e. when the Missus is in the car, although she seems to want to listen to Coast 103.2 all the time.

6) Jake Bugg - Jake Bugg
Going through a love/hate relationship with this at the moment. Sometimes I think it's the best thing since sliced bread, and at other times I think it's a cheesy Bob Dylan tribute album.

There is one album that is No.1 in my all time list and will remain forever so, AC/DC - Powerage. Nothing else comes close.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Possibly true....

Sex pistols
Kraftwerk
Wire
Gang of four
Clash
The Police

They all released albums that could be termed classic... Or at least influential
The Pistols , Kraftwerk and The Clash were game changing albums .

Each one itself opened up new bands / styles and movements .
Old Apr 8th 2013, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

BinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
The most modern album on this list, as far as I know, is Dire Straits in approx 1980... there must have been something quite good in the last 33 years since then?

Led Zeppelin - Remasters (1990 I think) !!!

Since then, Def Leppard - Adrenalize (must be at least 1993). Maybe, just maybe Nickleback. Not sure either of these are ''All time greats'' in my mind tho'.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 6:08 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quadrophenia
Dark Side of the Moon
GRRR!
Mothership
Bat Out Of Hell
Breakfast in America
Katy Lied
Machine Head
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
A Night at the Opera

(And no, before anybody starts, I don’t care that some are compilations.)
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Quadrophenia
Dark Side of the Moon
GRRR!
Mothership
Bat Out Of Hell
Breakfast in America
Katy Lied
Machine Head
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
A Night at the Opera

(And no, before anybody starts, I don’t care that some are compilations.)
Which of those are compilations then?

[Yes, generally, compilations are ruled out, as they are not the product of a single album's worth of creative brilliance]
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:21 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Which of those are compilations then?

[Yes, generally, compilations are ruled out, as they are not the product of a single album's worth of creative brilliance]
Grrr! and Mothership
Old May 2nd 2013, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Gutted City...........

Due to a sporting commitment of an official nature, I will miss the truly wonderful Keane at Sandance next Friday - when they will be doing plenty of stuff from 'Strangeland'............ do go, won't you, and make up for my absence?